11-28-2012 05:11 PM
35 12
tools
    I own a 920, N4, Note II, and iPhone 5.

Android is hardly a lag fest. You can't have sincerely used a good android device lately with that opinion.
    Gs3 isn't a top end Android? By the way, it's on ebay right now if you want it.
    11-27-2012 11:13 AM
    No thanks, I sold mine. It certainly wasn't a "lag fest" by any stretch of the imagination.
    11-27-2012 11:15 AM
    Up to you bud. imo the 920 and iphone 5 are the two best phones out right now by far. Android is still a lag fest, even after jelly bean. No matter how many cores they add it will still be raw. Deep issues with android.

Huh?
    11-27-2012 11:24 AM
    Stick with Nokia. Wife and I picked up new phones on Saturday, the 920 for myself and a SG3 for my wife. By Monday night she was a former Android user and a happy 920 owner. Not too mention a bunch of friends and family are now thinking of switching.
    11-27-2012 01:00 PM
    Stick with a WP device, the resume issue is because the apps have not yet been updated to support WP8. Orientation lock is also handled by the apps and bug fixes will be due next month.
    11-27-2012 09:43 PM
    Why not both?? Attachment 23691
    I hate you :)
    11-27-2012 09:58 PM
    Well, I figured I'll update and let you guys know that after thinking about it for awhile.... I switched to the iPhone 5.

And I'm loving it.

My main issue with the iPhone 4 was the screen size, and the iPhone 5's larger screen is definitely an improvement.

Overall, I think ditching the Lumia 920 was the right choice at this point in time. It was a nice experience, but there were too many issues that I personally had (something loose inside, bad app support for some of my main apps, battery life, apps freezing etc.) plus the issues that everyone on the forums seem to be having, plus the fact that I had to turn off a bunch of things (NFC, Bluetooth, a lot of Live Tile Updates- which is what the OS is all about) in order to get respectable battery life for a full day. With all of this taken into consideration, replacing my 920 with another and risk having hardware/software issues did not sound appealing to me.

WP8 is still new, still has a lot of improvements that need to be made before it is on par with iOS and Android (although these improvements should be coming soon if the Apollo+ update is correct). I'll definitely be keeping my eye on WP8 as I like the direction it is going, but it's just not all there yet.
    11-28-2012 03:57 PM
    Not a bad decision if you're happy, dude. You got a great phone. I need windows phone 8 in my life because I adore the OS regardless of missing features but finding the Lumia to be of questionable quality. Not sure how much longer I'll hold out.
    11-28-2012 04:07 PM
    The real question is whether you're okay with being an early adopter. I'm keeping my 920 because I'm not a huge app user, and it works well for what I want a phone to do. I'm also burnt out on Android and Apple and wanted something different and exciting. The hardware is beautiful, I like the camera, and I find WP8 to be pretty slick (though rough around the edges). It suits my needs now, and I'm fine with waiting for them to keep improving it. If you're not happy with that scenario and want something that "just works" right now and has a ton of apps for it, you should go to either Apple or Android and just keep an eye on WP8 over the next two years to see whether you want to switch to it when it's more mature and polished and your contract is up.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.
    11-28-2012 05:01 PM
    Why not try android? HTC One X+ or Note 2/GS3?
    I highly recommend the One X+, it's an amazing phone. 64GB of storage out the door for the same price as the iPhone 5 16GB! AND, it's unpartitioned, so no more 2GB phone partition/11GB internal partition or some stupid nonsense like what is typical of HTC Android phones.. the One X+ is simply an amazing phone.

I have it and an 8X
    11-28-2012 05:11 PM
35 12