11-29-2012 12:19 AM
51 123
tools
    MY otterbox case for my iphone 4s has protected the phone from a ton of drops. Also I am worried about the dust in the ffc and the defender includes the front shield which should help with the dust.
    11-27-2012 01:39 PM
    My wife ran over her iPhone in a defender series otterbox. Not a scratch on the phone and the outer rubber just had a tire mark.
    They're definitely worth the investment if you have people like my wife using the device(s).
    teddystiles likes this.
    11-27-2012 01:48 PM
    I dropped mine off the counter and have a small dent in the corner. Phone still works fine, but if I can put a case on that doesn't hinder the screen or buttons and ports I don't really think I am hiding any part of the phone. The one thing I hate is putting a protector on the screen. Gives a cheap feel to the screen IMO.

(With that said, I used to have a case for my iPhone 3GS but not one on my HTC Shift. After two years my Shift had some good wear and tear on it but was still fully functional.)
    The screen on the OtterBoxes is glued to the case, so you can pop the screen off and have the smooth, high quality glass feel. At least you could on the OtterBox I have for my Android phone.
    11-27-2012 02:05 PM
    I just purchased the commuter one for my phone. I do not go around showing off the phone to people so I careless what it looks like. However the case I had on my Iphone was really cool looking and protected it. I also had a custom skin on my older Iphone of my bike which was nice.

I want the protection and it to fit in my pocket. I do not care for the belt version. The weight of the phone is a non-issue with me but I will be checking on how much bigger it is once I get the case. If I do not like, oh well nothing lost but few dollars.

Ill post of some pic's when I get it, or whoever else gets there's first :)

11-27-2012 02:10 PM
    Part of me wants one for protection of my 920, but the other half of me doesn't want the stunning redness to be covered in dull black.

Add to that, the big phone will be made a lot bigger.

decisions.....
    I feel the SAME way...the phone is too cool looking to cover up and I've found that OtterBoxes often "dull" the look of the screen too...however, I don't want this awesome phone damaged and I've used OtterBoxes before and they provide super protection.
    11-27-2012 02:26 PM
    I dropped mine off the counter and have a small dent in the corner. Phone still works fine, but if I can put a case on that doesn't hinder the screen or buttons and ports I don't really think I am hiding any part of the phone. The one thing I hate is putting a protector on the screen. Gives a cheap feel to the screen IMO.

(With that said, I used to have a case for my iPhone 3GS but not one on my HTC Shift. After two years my Shift had some good wear and tear on it but was still fully functional.)
    On the OtterBox Defender, I've always knocked out that protective screen cover...
    11-27-2012 02:28 PM
    I bought mine at the AT&T store and it is a beauty. I've had Otterboxes for iPhones, Android phones and Blackberry's. This is the nicest one I've had.
    The 920 is a large phone and the defender case adds some size, it by no means doubles it. Actually, it doesn't seem to make a big difference. The 920 is a beautiful phone and it's always hard to cover a nice smartphone. My eighteen year old son used to be pretty rough on smartphones and I have replaced more than a few. He liked them better with no case but it wouldn't be long before a screen was crack, etc. These are good cases and Otterbox has great customer service.
    Attached Thumbnails otterbox-lumia-920.jpg  
    Last edited by 1mckinley; 11-27-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more thoughts on the subject
    11-27-2012 04:09 PM
    The Otterbox defender for the L920 has been available in AT&T stores for about a week now. I bought one and put it on my L920 and I returned it within 24 hours. I have actually been a fan of Otterbox cases, but as one poster noted above, this one is MASSIVE.

I am totally aware that this is subjective, but only buy this case if you don't mind doubling the size and weight of your phone. I'm telling you that this thing is phenomenally huge.
    aubreyq likes this.
    11-27-2012 04:31 PM
    Out, going NOOOOOD
    11-27-2012 06:11 PM
    It might make my 920 too heavy.......
    11-27-2012 06:33 PM
    Probably not a bad idea to get one just for those nights where you plan to hit the bars hard...
    aubreyq likes this.
    11-27-2012 06:34 PM
    I understand it a little better now. Kids, wife, work or just don't want to be bothered with being obsessed with your phone :) I sometimes forget that people see their phone as a phone, an object that's supposed to be used and that you shouldn't be thinking about scratches or breaking it. I'm just the complete opposite :D I use my phone, but I take good care of it and I want it to be good looking. I have never used a case and never will.

One more question.... a Lumia 920... in an Otterbox......... how do you take that with you :D I can't imagine that any jeans could fit that.
    11-28-2012 05:11 AM
    I've never been a fan of cases, but I love sleeve-type holders. Have used a sleeve holder through many phones and never had damage to my phones when I dropped them. I just ordered this one yesterday for my white Lumia 920 (yes, I'm female):

41fut2um3bl._sy300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Krusell 95382 Avenyn 3XL Mobile Pocket Pouch for Smartphones with 4.3/4.8-Inch Screen - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Purple: Cell Phones & Accessories

P.S. The WPCentral store carries this model in pink and white but they were out of stock. Sorry, WPCentral, I tried!
    11-28-2012 06:37 AM
    Without an otterbox: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...s-monkeys.html
    11-28-2012 08:23 AM
    I have the defender, its not very heavy but i'm a guy so I dont notice 2 - 3 oz here or there. It does make it physically larger, to the point where I dont like it, but i'm just holding onto it until my ATT store gets a commuter or the ballistic case to try, something a little smaller. Then i'll return this for the other.
    11-28-2012 08:34 AM
    Can anyone who has the Otterbox comment on whether or not the wireless charger works with th otterbox case installed. I am going to buy the commuter series for the 920. My daughter has one on her iphone 5 and it is not that large and works fine in a pocket.
    11-28-2012 09:22 AM
    Sites-otterbox_us-Site

Get yours before they sell out!

Thanks for the laugh. Otterboxes have never sold out.......
    aubreyq likes this.
    11-28-2012 09:26 AM
    Can anyone who has the Otterbox comment on whether or not the wireless charger works with th otterbox case installed. I am going to buy the commuter series for the 920. My daughter has one on her iphone 5 and it is not that large and works fine in a pocket.
    They say on the site it still works with the wireless charger, but this isn't first hand experience.
    11-28-2012 11:26 AM
    I think I'll order the Commuter version when they're in stock on UK Mobile Store. I generally don't care for looks - I want the phone to work and last without getting damaged.
    11-28-2012 12:32 PM
    jebus, talk about a brick... that thing is not only huge but hideous! i guess it's perfect for people who constantly drop phones.
    aubreyq and palandri like this.
    11-28-2012 12:35 PM
    I've never been a fan of cases, but I love sleeve-type holders. Have used a sleeve holder through many phones and never had damage to my phones when I dropped them. I just ordered this one yesterday for my white Lumia 920 (yes, I'm female):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41Fut2um3BL._SY300_.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	23758

Amazon.com: Krusell 95382 Avenyn 3XL Mobile Pocket Pouch for Smartphones with 4.3/4.8-Inch Screen - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Purple: Cell Phones & Accessories

P.S. The WPCentral store carries this model in pink and white but they were out of stock. Sorry, WPCentral, I tried!
    That pocket pouch is not a bad idea. I'll probably consider something like that or a holster (I know, I know).
    palandri and JConn_Lefty like this.
    11-28-2012 12:41 PM
    I have heard that the wireless charging works through cases when on a charging pad. Since it is wireless, it works but only over a small distance. I don't know this first hand, but read it. I won't know for certain until my charging pad arrives.
    The phone also fits fine in the pocket of jeans with a defender case. Of course, I'm an older guy and we're not talking the skinny jeans, just a normal pair of Levis, haha.
    palandri likes this.
    11-28-2012 01:59 PM
    ....i guess it's perfect for people who constantly drop phones.
    Stop talking about me.
    JConn_Lefty likes this.
    11-28-2012 02:07 PM
    That pocket pouch is not a bad idea. I'll probably consider something like that or a holster (I know, I know).
    i might wanna give this a shot. from the pictures i see on this forum, my nightmare is confirmed.

if you carry your phone in your pocket (like me), the crud/lints/bunnies in your pocket will get stuck between the shell and the glass. because the rubber lining is in between the shell and glass, the crud will stay in their!!! it makes the phone look so dirty. and if you have the black 920, it's going to show up even more.
    11-28-2012 06:07 PM
    Stop talking about me.
    lol... tape the phone to your head like this guy. never drop!!!
    ahhh shoot, nm, i forgot, this phone is toooo heavy to do that... jk...
    11-28-2012 06:09 PM
51 123