Alternate to Otterbox for 920

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I do not want such a big case, so I just picked up a low cost TPU case for mine. It is probably the least bulky of any case and looks to provide enough protection for the well built Lumia. I had one on my Focus for a couple of years, along with a cheap and very light soft pouch, and they protected it from a lot of drops. They come in various colors on Ebay and Amazon and are cheap. They are around $5 on Amazon. I picked up a black one and may pick up a colored one for some variety. They fit very well and look pretty slick with the two finish S design on the back. The only weak point is on the bottom, as there is a large whole for the USB port and microphone holes. I also ordered a soft pouch to put the phone in for my pocket to keep it clean and that little extra touch of screen protection without adding much weight. I am being a little over protective, I know, but want to keep my gorgeous Lumia 920 in perfect shape.

grndZr0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered an otterbox defender for my 920. I will post some pics here when I get it. I also called slip grip mounts and told them, as they make car cradles with various mounts for otter-box-cased phones. They said they would order one and have a cradle built next week. I also asked them if they would look into what it would take to build a Qi charger into one, and he said he would look into that also.

Alternativly, it looks like ram mounts is selling a mount that hooks to the belt clip for the defenders belt clip cradle that comes with the case. So that is another option for a cradle mount for the 920.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the ballistic cases for the gs3.

I like them as well this time around, the new design is really nice - im just waiting to see if they make one with a kickstand like the iphone case or what seidio typically does. But I like how they made it durable and thiner - the otterbox ones may be to big this time around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb