Will the 920 ever be hacked/rooted/jailbroken whatever you call it.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope it does BUT I don't think it will happen. The 900 was never hacked, they couldn't get it done and have long since gave up trying. I'd be shocked if Nokia wouldn't put the same type of security in the 920, knowing the 900 was basically unhackable.

I love custom roms and when phones get hacked. Like it or not, devs always seem to give us more from our phone than MS or the phone maker has. I had a Trophy and custom Roms and apps that weren't possible through the market place, made my Trophy a more tolerable phone to have for over a year.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If the phone sells well or if windows phone as a whole takes off, we'll see more talent trying to "hack" it. As of right now, that community is tiny.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If the phone sells well or if windows phone as a whole takes off, we'll see more talent trying to "hack" it. As of right now, that community is tiny.

Perhaps but even WP7 phones received some attention from some pretty skilled people. I think those that know WPs the best are already involved. If they couldn't crack the 900, I'll be shocked if the 920 gets cracked.

I'll be disappointed though if it doesn't happen. But judging from the lack of goings on over at the XDA forum for the 920, and even WP8, it seems there's very little interest so far.

PhantomNZ

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Will take a while for custom ROMs, if ever, as WP8 uses secure boot. Custom ROMs would have to be signed for them to work.
It also depends what you're looking for when you say rooted/jailbroken ... if you just want to be able to sideload your own apps and bypass the marketplace, you only need your device to be developer unlocked (annual fee to be a dev).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos