12-11-2012 12:09 PM
89 1234
tools
    Windows Phone is generally liked... very much so from what I can see. There are very few people that would use it, and then say that they don't like it... the first time I used WP it felt like a newer generation UX .. you know, after you use one everything else kind feels older in a sense..
    11-28-2012 10:24 PM
    yeah man it is a great starter conversation with girls haha, that's what I have noticed. Thank you Nokia!
    Exact same with me. :)
    masterchief1984 likes this.
    11-28-2012 10:42 PM
    picked up a Lumia 920 Saturday. As with many of you guys and gals, I've been asked what it is, and that it's "so big!" lol.
    11-28-2012 10:48 PM
    Exact same with me. :)
    Guess ill get in line and state it def is a conversation starter with Chicks!!! Have the red L920 and was at a jazz lounge for an early PM CONCERT and the two chicks started asking me about the phone and then other things in the conversation starter!! Both have iphone 5s too but were diggin the 920 :-)
    11-28-2012 10:50 PM
    I have the white yellow and red and cant decide which one to keep and which one to return / sell lol. now that is the problem to have ?
    i suggest yellow or red. WP needs attention. :)
    11-28-2012 10:51 PM
    Did he shine the Apple symbol into the sky to alert Tim Cook about your allegiance?
    Thats what that bright light was! I think they may have a hit out on me!
    11-29-2012 02:15 AM
    Guess ill get in line and state it def is a conversation starter with Chicks!!! Have the red L920 and was at a jazz lounge for an early PM CONCERT and the two chicks started asking me about the phone and then other things in the conversation starter!! Both have iphone 5s too but were diggin the 920 :-)
    Did they "dig" something else too?
    11-29-2012 04:40 AM
    You can. If you poke your avatar, it laughs, dance, or gets mad at you if you continuously poke it. Also, if you shake the phone, your avatar will lose balance and fall.
    Shake your avatar and it cracks the screen lol, awesome.
    11-29-2012 06:09 AM
    Did they "dig" something else too?
    Well, we were at a concert here in NYC the conversation kept going -even with Amel Larrieux performing (we taked low enough not to distract others) and the rest is all good!! :-)
    11-29-2012 07:51 AM
    Mine was "what's that phone".. "it's huge"
    11-29-2012 08:09 AM
    yesterday while out covering a car accident for my station, i was texting the wife when i see a cop come up to me and ask "hey, is that the new nokia phone?" i gave him the brief overview, showed him the camera and low light performance and quickly chatted about nokia stepping up their game and rim slipping into oblivion. he seemed really impressed and he said he was going to go check one out. this was my first ever experience with something like this (first wp was the arrive...alright phone but definitely not an attention grabber). i have the white 920. i had ordered the cyan but walmart ran out and i didn't want to wait so i got the white.
    11-29-2012 08:18 AM
    Went to a work dinner last night and someone noticed me grabbing a couple low light shots with my black 920. Caught someones eye and resulted in passing it around to a couple people at the table who all thought it was pretty cool and really impressed at how well my low light pictures turned out.
    damon312 and tissotti like this.
    11-29-2012 08:57 AM
    Mine was "what's that phone".. "it's huge"
    "That's no phone.....it's a space station" lol just kidding
    11-29-2012 09:07 AM
    So, no more stories? :(
    12-04-2012 01:23 AM
    " What new android device is that?"

"That's a nice yellow case you have on your phone."

I've never gotten, "wow that's the nokia lumia 920 running windows 8 right?" Even after explaining to people the phone i have, their reply has always been, "what's a windows phone?"
    Ka Kit U likes this.
    12-04-2012 01:29 AM
    Sounds really good.

Still waiting for my red 920. Don't really think I will be getting it before Christmas, but I don't pay for it (since my company does) so I am able to wait a little longer. But it's hard to wait. Norway btw.
    12-04-2012 01:30 AM
    So, no more stories? :(
    I have a lumia 810 and my friend just got his 920 that i convicned him to get over the Galaxy Note. We went to a party together tonight and this guy was flirting with me and we were chatting and my friend pulls out his phone and starts texting....the guy i'm talking to immediately noticed the phone and was asking a bunch of questions about the phone....

I got c*ck blocked by a lumia 920 :P
    12-04-2012 01:38 AM
    Keep these coming, fun read.
    For somebody who crosses between Sweden and Finland i'm not exactly getting any attention in the streets of both countries holding a Nokia phone. As a gadget freak i do get asked what phones, tablets and such to get by friends and family members and already made couple of them switch to Lumia.
    12-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Believe it or not, but I've had people compliment the size and weight.
    BlvckSovp likes this.
    12-04-2012 07:07 AM
    I get a lot of "That's that new Nokia, right?"

Or, "Is that the phone I see in commercials?" .... Sure. haha

I was pretty frustrated the other day. I was in Chicago's AT&T flagship store on Michigan Ave. They have a pretty big Lumia display, right in the front. Every color shown, and both 8x's too! I was looking at accessories under the phone displays.

Two girls walked up to the display...

"OMG its the iPhone 5g!" (Yes, the 5 "g")
    "I want this red one!"
    "What is Windows phone?"
    "Oh, this is TOO much for me. It's WAY to confusing. Uh-uh, no way."
    "Where are the iPhones?"

I wanted to yell, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Ig-Nant.
    12-04-2012 08:26 AM
    ^How old were they? A lot of people are still stuck in the mindframe that if it isn't an iPhone, then "it ain't S***" haha. Luckily, there are more intelligent folk out there.

I don't have a lumia (YET...still debating between cyan and yellow, with white a distant third) but I'm trying to convert some friends I know over to the dark side. Some don't even want to give it a chance which is kind of a shame because it really is something special.

Off topic; does anybody else see too much orange in the red lumia? Every time I see one, it looks like fire orange to me. Granted this is under fluorescent lighting but...
    12-04-2012 08:44 AM
    I had a guy at Best Buy say something. Had to pop out my phone to show him the pickup receipt and he asked me what I thought. Love the software, phones a bit think and LTE is spotty at best, but great experience so far.

I actually have a friend at work that I NEVER would have thought would come over, he doesn't even have a smartphone, but he even said to me this week that he was looking up prices of the 822. Crazy things happen, haha.
    12-04-2012 04:31 PM
    My friend works at Microsoft, So I actually held a black L920 way back in September. Back then I still had an Android and was undecided on my new phone. But after looking at the 920, I decided to give it a try. I preordered a red L920, and boy is it sexy. I convinced 2 of my collegues to get a L920!! Collegues to whom I never speak, come over and play with my phone. Never knew showing off my phone wud be so fun!!
    12-04-2012 05:04 PM
    I work in IT and I'm surrounded by ohone geeks, so almost every day someone asks me about my red 920. I call it the "anti-iPhone". I was ecstatic the day I uninstalled iTunes from every PC we have!
    12-04-2012 07:04 PM
    I work in IT and I'm surrounded by ohone geeks, so almost every day someone asks me about my red 920. I call it the "anti-iPhone". I was ecstatic the day I uninstalled iTunes from every PC we have!
    LOL. Make sure "Apple Update" and the security hole called Bonjour (comes with iTunes) are also completely uninstalled!
    12-04-2012 07:16 PM
89 1234