excuse me... what IS that phone!?

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Black 920 reporting in, nobody has really noticed my amazing device - that being said I rarely leave the house (week off work, too! :D).

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Yellow 920, and just this weekend had someone ask me. I was showing her my phone at checkout because I had gotten a coupon text and she said "Wow, that's cool...what kind of phone is that?" And....booom, into Salesman mode.

I chuckled a little and went into salesperson mode ;)

I have been called a salesperson far too many times in the last 6 months...is it strange that WP users tend to be so passionate as to turn into a salesperson whenever anyone asks!? I just feel so compelled to show people what they are missing user experience and satisfaction wise!

See...I got it a lot too...so I did something about it. I figured if I was going to be putting in all this time and effort to get Nokia sales, I wanted a return on that. So I bought some stock so now when the 920 blows up, it will actually be a good thing for me! haha

khatta

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was at the dentist this morning and the receptionist looked shocked when i took my phone out and scrolled through my calendar to add my next appointment. He came around the counter to look at my phone as it looked 'really cool' and 'different'. He spent a few minutes checking out the phone and walked away 'very impressed'. I asked him if this can be his next. and his eyes light up. Yes, this is awesome !

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
As I was flying back yesterday, I saw somebody on the plane with a WP8 (HTC 8X).

He was glad to see me using a Windows Phone. Turns out, he works for Microsoft (business side) and joking said for a while he thought that the only people who have bought the Windows Phone was Microsoft for its employees. But also said he saw another person using a Windows Phone on this trip!

Dray0n

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Today I had a few interesting interactions with people in regards to the 920.

First, in the morning while riding the elevator to my floor a person saw the live tiles over my shoulder and asked if it was a WP8. We had a short conversation, as we both had to get to meetings, but he was very interested in the phone from his iPhone.

Another, at lunch, about fifteen people and the WP8 was passed around to everyone to play with. I was really shocked with the reactions it received with two other (as I was once one) die hard iPhone fans saying they are going to switch to WP8 soon. The comments around the screen size, color and speed of the phone are what I mostly received. The first question, "How was the App selection?" I told them it was thin (in comparison to Android and Apple) but it seems to be quickly filling in. I explained that the main apps I used on the iPhone are on the Windows Phone. Some aren't perfect yet but that this is pioneering a new step for Microsoft. Very positive reaction and review by the crowds today.

filmgirl

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a waitress ask me about it at a diner last week. She was so excited when she saw the phone because her co-worker was "obsessed" -- I let her take it to the back to show him. On Thanksgiving, we were in a restaurant (we're New Yorkers) and when I was taking photos of my surf and turf, I could hear people around me commenting about the phone and pointing to look -- which was really cool. Microsoft and Nokia really need to take advantage of this momentum and buzz because I wasn't expecting this.

I carry and review just about every new toy that hits the market and with the exception of the iPad mini and the iPhone 5, I can't recall any other device this calendar year that elicited feedback and commentary from strangers.

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Too bad Nokia gave us the black 920s at Build, if they gave us the red one I'm sure waitresses would've tried stealing it too. that's a couple thousand more "sales people"

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Too bad Nokia gave us the black 920s at Build, if they gave us the red one I'm sure waitresses would've tried stealing it too. that's a couple thousand more "sales people"

You make it sound like you are upset your phone isn't going to get stolen by a waitress, haha

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually have multiple stories about my Nokia Lumia 920 (black).

First day I got it I was asked if it actually that was a phone because of the size.

All the girls were like "OMG its so big/hug/like a brick". I couldn't help myself and go with the "that's what she said" jokes.

When to a football game and I started taking pictures, a friend of mine was soo please with the image quality that she took my phone and started taking pictures of everybody for an complete hour.

Am I pleased with my phone? **** yeah. It's bulky, fast and it calls for everybody attention. Even people with iPhones and Androids drop their jaws when they see the phone.

:)

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Someone at my office wanted to see my new phone as I had been waiting to upgrade my cracked screen WP7 for like 3 months. The reaction was very positive to the L920. The most memorable reaction was when I went to the gamer's hub and my avatar walked on the screen and waved. My coworker was awed about the walking on screen part and actually waved back to the avatar:)

That kind of makes me think Microsoft has gold if they can make the avatar interact with the user!

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
That kind of makes me think Microsoft has gold if they can make the avatar interact with the user!
Please no...not another Clippy!!!!

272424688E724E6BB4A334EE558EAC.jpg

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

You can. If you poke your avatar, it laughs, dance, or gets mad at you if you continuously poke it. Also, if you shake the phone, your avatar will lose balance and fall.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
...about fifteen people and the WP8 was passed around to everyone to play with...
I cringe at the thought of my phone being passed around by 15 people. Another guy on this thread let his phone be taken to the back of a restaurant and another let his friend use his phone as a camera for an hour.

I know everyone is different but there is NO WAY I'd let someone else have nothing more but a quick glance at my phone :wink:

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I cringe at the thought of my phone being passed around by 15 people. Another guy on this thread let his phone be taken to the back of a restaurant and another let his friend use his phone as a camera for an hour.

I know everyone is different but there is NO WAY I'd let someone else have nothing more but a quick glance at my phone :wink:

I'm with you. I get picked on all the time because I'm known as someone who doesn't let anyone touch my phone. I know it's just a material thing, but who cares. It's mine and I don't want anyone touching it!

wrighty694

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i had just such an encounter on monday when a business acquaintance (yep, iPhone user....ya know it) suddenly went 'ooooh a Windows phone.....how is it to use?' at which point i started waxing lyrical and doing the 'flick the UI around' stuff...it's only a black 800 so it wasn't the spangly newness of the phone that caught his eye, but obviously the advertising recognition is starting to soak in, especially with the more 'aware' (i was gonna say 'tech-savvy' but that's a disservice to the ever-more-vast phone market) and people are seeing it as interesting and desirable, rather than just 'not one of us' (lol)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This x100000. Almost everyone I've talked to about my red L920 has assumed it had a case. When I tell them otherwise or hand them the phone, they're always shocked.

I get the same thing with my Yellow one, "no, this does not have a case on it, it's the actual color"! I was on the bus this morning and pulled it out to find different music on Xbox Music and someone from the back of the bus moved up to talk to me about my phone. It's BRIGHT and makes people notice! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786