3 weeks, still no phone (walmart)

SickOnSunday

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
apparently your money is worth more than your time.
Technically this is true, as I can't walk into a store and pay for something by pointing at my watch.

However, I think the spirit of your comment is off. Are you implying that it somehow took me longer to order on the walmart website than it would have on the AT&T website, or the Microsoft website? I received my phone 3 days after placing my order, which, judging by all of the recent "Lumia 920 is backordered" threads, seems fairly acceptable to me.

Now, if you were somehow trying to imply that a walmart gift card is almost worthless due to how annoying it is to step foot in a walmart, you may be on to something

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying that what works for me is letting the initial launch frenzy die down and the att stores get some fresh stock. Then just walking in the store on say a Tuesday or Wednesday morning, pointing at a phone and saying I want one if those. Then walking out about 15 minutes later with a new phone. It has worked for me since 1995.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

SickOnSunday

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying that what works for me is letting the initial launch frenzy die down and the att stores get some fresh stock. Then just walking in the store on say a Tuesday or Wednesday morning, pointing at a phone and saying I want one if those. Then walking out about 15 minutes later with a new phone. It has worked for me since 1995.
Perhaps you're getting me mixed up with the previous poster who said they'd been waiting on their walmart order for 3 weeks? My phone arrived 3 days after I ordered it.

I guess another way to answer your question about why anyone would buy a phone from Walmart...I had no real reason to upgrade to the 920 other than the fact that it looked like a really nice phone. My Titan was in perfect condition and didn't need to be replaced, so it's not as if I'd been spending time hunting for the 920.

But, when I saw that Walmart would give me $100 if I spent $70 on a 920, I jumped on the deal. Not only that, but I'm willing to bet that it took me less time to click "buy" on the walmart website and fill out a quick form than it would have for me to drive to the at&t store, deal with a sales rep, and then drive home.

Less time spent, $30 in my pocket, AND a new 920. Again, why would anyone pass that deal up, regardless of who was offering it?

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think they have more in-stock on the Nokia Lumia 920 Black, I ordered for a Red one, and some one else also ordered Yellow and is waiting. Now Amazon wireless is selling only Black on their list.

pjm1891

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sv: 3 weeks, still no phone (walmart)

I ordered a red one from my carrier here In sweden on November 5th the release day was November 29th.
Today after calling them to ask where my phone is I got the fantastic news that my phone is delayed until sometime in January... Apparently there is some serious supply problems.

Janitor88

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I won't make the mistake of buying from Wal-Mart again. I had figured a phone is a phone, regardless of who you buy it from right? Wrong. Once my paycheck goes through Friday I'm going out and buying it from someone else. Absolutely ridiculous.

john_gain

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have ordered mine on 23rd nov and haven't yet got it. But i observed that, even though initially they charged the 70$ from my account, the money is back in my account now. Is this normal?

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
After a certain number of days, the charge that was "cleared" is no longer held and returns to your account. It will still come out if and when the phone ships. If.

mjperez100

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i was in the same boat. i ordered the cyan as soon as i saw the article on wpcentral. after various back and forths with the obviously indian chat crew, i decided to just get the white one and it was shipped right away and got it a couple of days later. im glad that decision paid off as im loving my sleek white 920. i cant believe walmart is still not shipping the cyans! boy would i be pissed right now

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well well. I woke up to a surprise email from Walmart this morning saying my phone ordered on the 23d, red, was shipping. I clicked the tracking link and sure enough, it's in the fed-ex system with a delivery date of Monday.

Last edited:

amadesu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
i was in the same boat. i ordered the cyan as soon as i saw the article on wpcentral. after various back and forths with the obviously indian chat crew, i decided to just get the white one and it was shipped right away and got it a couple of days later. im glad that decision paid off as im loving my sleek white 920. i cant believe walmart is still not shipping the cyans! boy would i be pissed right now

They haven't shipped my black one out either. Admittedly, it's only been 5 days since I ordered it, but it's clear that Simplexity (Wal-mart's provider) is heavily backordered on the 920.

I actually stopped by my local AT&T shop, and they were surprised that I was asking if they had any in stock. They have plenty, apparently.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ours is the same way. Our AT&T store had plenty of phone in stock. Even had Yellow and Cyan just sitting there chilling ready to go but we are still waiting on our Cyan one from Walmart. We wanted to get that 100$ gift card deal and it was no biggie to wait but we may just cancel and go get one from the store

amadesu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just tried asking for an ETA via chat. Got connected to some indian guy who was convinced that I was signed up for the wrong data plan (I chose the 3GB 4G LTE plan), and would not help me with anything else. Thanks, Wal-mart.

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on another thread but i chatted with someone that was quite helpful and gave me hope that my phone will be here next week. Raising a glass to hoping!

Untitled-1.jpg

meir602

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 920 red (ordered 11/23) is now shipping. My 920 black, that they had initially e-mailed me would be ready to ship 12/03, is still awaiting inventory. Go figure.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on another thread but i chatted with someone that was quite helpful and gave me hope that my phone will be here next week. Raising a glass to hoping!
Here's hoping indeed! Just curious, when did you order your yellow 920 from Walmart?

I ordered mine from Walmart on 12/2. I had ordered on directly from AT&T on 11/19 but that was cancelled by AT&T on 11/30.

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's hoping indeed! Just curious, when did you order your yellow 920 from Walmart?

I ordered mine from Walmart on 12/2. I had ordered on directly from AT&T on 11/19 but that was cancelled by AT&T on 11/30.

I ordered mine on 11/24. Actually, I ordered two yellows and one white. The white one was delivered today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05