3 weeks, still no phone (walmart)

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to see who else is still waiting for their Nokia lumia 920... Its been almost 3 weeks since I placed the order on WalMart for my cyan Nokia lumia 920, and still says "awaiting inventory"

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No. I paid $49.99 + activation. I called to see if they would honor me the $100 gift card, but they refused. They did however, told me that they would pay me the 1 day shipping. But what good is that if I have to wait 2 weeks more...

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My roommate just ordered a Cyan one from walmart online last night with that current promotion. I'll let you know if we hear anything.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm curious if Nokia had enough units produced to meet demand, or whether it was an issue with vendors not anticipating a high demand for the device versus the general lukewarm reception these devices have gotten. I haven't been tempted to enter a Best Buy, AT&T corporately-owned store or authorized dealer over the past several weeks, otherwise I would inquire about the Lumia 920 to check on its availability and see what the in-store reps try and sell me on.

I work in inventory management, so when I hear about consumers waiting 2-3 weeks on something to arrive I often find myself speculating on the reason why. Nokia said they globally had around 2.5 million orders for the Lumia 920. How that breaks down by color, carrier and region I don't know. What I do know is if they were short on components, had a faulty production run that now their quality control is investigating or simply under-produced based on lowered expectations of sales it is going to have a negative impact on current and future sales. It stands to reason there could be some QC issues that Nokia needs to tend to. Replacing these devices, quickly, is of great importance. If there is a component shortage, I would be curious what they were short on because I haven't heard of too many issues based on the tech circles that I'm part of. If Nokia didn't allocate the resources to kick out enough finished Lumia 920's to meet demand it is a problem, but a good problem to have! Hopefully it isn't a combination platter of these issues (or others that carry negative consequences) working in concert against all parties involved.

Three weeks into a phone order I would probably be calling up to cancel my reserve and going with another device.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a smart @$$ but who buys a phone from Walmart? I'm really curious why someone would choose WalMart for their phone needs.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a smart @$$ but who buys a phone from Walmart? I'm really curious why someone would choose WalMart for their phone needs.

I wouldn't normally shop at store "x", but if they had a good deal on something I would normally purchase from store "y" I would give them my business. When it comes to wireless phones, having been in the game before I don't like dealing with authorized dealers and big box stores. The only time I bought a phone from Best Buy was because it was 10:00 at night, the middle of December, and I wanted a replacement phone without going on Craigslist or waiting until Monday (it was a Saturday night) to have a replacement phone shipped to me.

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

They had the phone for $49.99... Why wouldn't I buy it?

Janitor88

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Cyan Lumia 920 on Nov. 10th from Walmart online. Still waiting.

I've been tempted to cancel and try somewhere else, but now everyone else is backordered too, so I'd probably switch only to have to go through the whole ordeal all over again.

Really frustrating.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
They had the phone for $49.99... Why wouldn't I buy it?

Maybe because it's been 3 weeks and you still don't have the phone! I prefer to walk into a "real" at&t store, pick out a phone and walk out with said phone actually in my possession. I'm old school like that.

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I did walk into an at&t store. They didn't had the cyan color I was looking for. Then I saw the WalMart promotion and they "had" the cyan plus it was -$50... But never again will i make the same mistake.

perspicuity

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. I ordered my yellow Lumia on the 13th. Got an email that said it would ship on the 14th. Today is the 27th and it has yet to ship. Gah. I'm tempted to go out to a store and buy one then just return it when my yellow one arrives. I'm resisting because it's such a waste. But God do I need a new phone.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i was about to order my phone through walmart but the video of walmart employees throwing around ipad in the warehouse scarred me away.

now reading this, i'm so happy i went with att. got my phone 4 days after placing the order.

SickOnSunday

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I placed my order on walmart.com on monday afternoon and received my phone today (black). I do wonder if theyre trying to optimize shipping and only fulfilling orders if your local distro center has stock. I happen to have a distro center 30 miles away and was surprised at how quickly it shipped as I'd read online that walmart was back ordered. Maybe call again and see if there's anything they can do for you? If it makes those still waiting feel any better, my phone did come very dusty and I initially thought it was a return that somehow got shipped out.

As for the person who asked why anyone would buy a phone from walmart - the phone was $70 but came with a $100 gift card. Why would I not buy it from walmart?

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered two yellow and one white from walmart (taking advantage of the $100 gift card x3) on Saturday 11/24 and obviously, nothing yet. But as long I get them before xmas I'm good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion