Rogers Lumia920 - definitely new revised batches coming out

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased my third Lumia920 today (Rogers, Calgary Canada). This was from a new shipment that arrived on Friday. There were definitely some changes from the Lumia920's I bought just the week before, and the one I bought the week before that. The first and second Lumia920's were carrier locked but the home buttons were noticeably yellower on one than the other, but buttons were very bright on both. The whiter buttoned one was defective with lockups occuring every 12-18hours. The yellow-buttoned lumia has been flawless so far.

This latest third Lumia920 has whiter buttons but not as bright. There are new Rogers apps installed on the phone that weren't on the first two Lumias: Rogers Anyplace TV Live is now preinstalled on the phone as is One Number. The newest Lumia remains carrier-locked.

Nice to see that Nokia appears to be quickly updating and revising the Lumias currently in production. Perhaps that is why they are backordered: these first production releases were in limited quantity in order to screen for systemic defects and, now that they've hopefully addressed some of the issues, they will begin ramping up production?

Phil M

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What is the hardware revision number on the newest phone you received? (with the new Rogers apps pre installed) (setting>about>hardware revision number)
Is it still 1.0.0.0?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got my replacement Lumia 920 shipped to me yesterday. My first one was one of the ones that Rogers shipped out before the official launch and had battery issues/freezing/restarting. That one was manufactured 43/2012 and my new one is a week newer, 44/2012. First one was unlocked, and though I don't have another sim to try in my new one I believe it is unlocked (someone suggested that if you dial ##782# if nothing happens then it's unlocked). Both are Hardware Revision number: 1.0.0.0

One thing I did notice is that the SIM card tray is different between the two devices. I'll post a pic after work today.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got my replacement Lumia 920 shipped to me yesterday. My first one was one of the ones that Rogers shipped out before the official launch and had battery issues/freezing/restarting. That one was manufactured 43/2012 and my new one is a week newer, 44/2012. First one was unlocked, and though I don't have another sim to try in my new one I believe it is unlocked (someone suggested that if you dial ##782# if nothing happens then it's unlocked). Both are Hardware Revision number: 1.0.0.0

One thing I did notice is that the SIM card tray is different between the two devices. I'll post a pic after work today.

Yeah I had the same issue with my first 920, freezing, locking, powering down, bad rattle on vib, and the top of the bezel clicking while pushing down, the power button felt loose like it was going to fall off. I got it replaced about a week later and the second phone is rock solid. I also tried the ##782# on mine and nothing happened. I do have a TELUS SIM card from my Lumia 800 I could try and see if it is unlocked but I am in fear of locking the device if it isn't. Mine too is revision # 1.0.0.0

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
***UPDATE****

I tried my TELUS SIM and it did not work, so the second device is locked. So I don't believe that ##782# check method is valid.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Also the heating on the back of the phone when it is on the web - is it okay? I returned my 920 because of it getting really hot. Waiting to jump on WP8 again - just not sure if it will be a 920 or ATIV S atm.

agadgetgeek

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I had the same issue with my first 920, freezing, locking, powering down, bad rattle on vib, and the top of the bezel clicking while pushing down, the power button felt loose like it was going to fall off. I got it replaced about a week later and the second phone is rock solid. I also tried the ##782# on mine and nothing happened. I do have a TELUS SIM card from my Lumia 800 I could try and see if it is unlocked but I am in fear of locking the device if it isn't. Mine too is revision # 1.0.0.0

Sounds like I done good by waiting. I received mine last night. No freezes, locks, powering down, rattles or bezel issues.

In other news. Has anyone noticed frequent APP restarts? It may be keyboard related as for some reason, every so often when I tap a text field and begin typing, the app forcefully restarts on it's own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss