Phone not charging? Tried 4 different ways...

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, maybe someone here can help me.

My phone died yesterday, and I forgot to charge it overnight. So it's been dead for a minimum of 8 hours, and a maximum of 24 hours. I grabbed my USB cable, and decided to charge my phone from my computer at work.

I get to work, plug it in, and let it charge. I check 15 minutes later, and it still hasn't turned on. I thought that maybe the amperage from the computer wasn't high enough, so I asked my co-worker if she had a wall adapter. She did, it was an HTC one, but I figure it's okay. Plug it in, let it sit for 30 minutes. Still nothing.

The HTC adapter apparently outputs roughly 1A. I google and find that the provided Nokia charger outputs 1.3A. So I think, it should work, but maybe there's a minimum amperage required.

So I get home, and I plug it into the Nokia wall charger. 15 minutes, nothing.

It's now been sitting on the wireless charger for the past 30 minutes. The light from the wireless charger is lit up, but it is unresponsive.

If the phone doesn't turn on tonight, I will leave it plugged into the wall charger overnight. If it won't turn on in the morning, I'm exchanging it or something.

Does anyone have any ideas?

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, maybe someone here can help me.

My phone died yesterday, and I forgot to charge it overnight. So it's been dead for a minimum of 8 hours, and a maximum of 24 hours. I grabbed my USB cable, and decided to charge my phone from my computer at work.

I get to work, plug it in, and let it charge. I check 15 minutes later, and it still hasn't turned on. I thought that maybe the amperage from the computer wasn't high enough, so I asked my co-worker if she had a wall adapter. She did, it was an HTC one, but I figure it's okay. Plug it in, let it sit for 30 minutes. Still nothing.

The HTC adapter apparently outputs roughly 1A. I google and find that the provided Nokia charger outputs 1.3A. So I think, it should work, but maybe there's a minimum amperage required.

So I get home, and I plug it into the Nokia wall charger. 15 minutes, nothing.

It's now been sitting on the wireless charger for the past 30 minutes. The light from the wireless charger is lit up, but it is unresponsive.

If the phone doesn't turn on tonight, I will leave it plugged into the wall charger overnight. If it won't turn on in the morning, I'm exchanging it or something.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Downloaded the Fandango app this morning and left it running. Came out to my car after work and the phone was dead. This hasn't happened before at all. Have always had at least 70% at the end of day, so I'm pointing the finger at the Fandango app.

Anyway, I did almost exactly the same thing you did. I put it on the wireless charger first, then plugged it into my computer via USB, then plugged it into an outlet using an old wall charger, finally plugged in the Nokia wall charger that came with the phone (wasn't conveniently out). Let it charge for at least 15 minutes if not 20 or so and it finally came on. I would say to do the same since our experience seems to be similar. Leave it plugged in at least 30 minutes just to rule out the wall charger if it still won't come on.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sounds like it might be hung. Do that reset or press and hold the power button itself until it vibrates or the screen comes on. Mine got kinda stuck like that once.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
IT'S AAAALIIIIVVVVE!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't think I've been this happy to see my phone turn on in a lonnng time!

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
sweet! I tried that on mine before putting on the charger and that didn't work. The battery showed dead and the phone came on automatically after about 20 minutes on the charger. Either way, good feeling when it comes back to life!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)