Bye Bye Lumia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My GS3 international lasts about 2 days on stand by and at the very minimum a day and a half. The Note 2 is said to last way longer according to reviews and my HTC 8x is lucky to last until 1am, sometimes it won't even make 11pm, which is more than enough for me but it still pales in comparison to the Android phone you guys like to laugh about.

Also, the Note 2 doesn't try to be a smaller phone like the Lumia 920 does. As long as it is smaller than the LG Optimus Vu and Original Note, it passes the size test with lying colors. The Lumia 920 however, fails the size test hard considering most 4.7 and 4.8 inch phones are much, much easier to handle and pocket.

Last edited:

guzzigeezer

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I've got a solar powered DOS4.1 phone. It doesn't need a battery. Trouble is I live in Northern England where the sun never shines. I'm taking it back to get a nuclear powered IPhone 13.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to see you go. I have got 48 hours out of my battery on my 920 a couple of times with NFC, Wifi, and GPS all enabled with moderate web browsing, social networking, texting, etc. It's a shame to see so many people with battery issues because my battery has been phenomenal for me.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm really wondering what is going on with these folks experiencing battery issues. My 920 seemed to indicate a low battery for a couple days after I bought it, and I was concerned, but then lo and behold it seemed to automagically become very good and has been ever since. I get at least 30% better battery life than my wife's iphone 4S easy.

Today was typical for me. Couple calls, web browsing here and there, facebooking and checking the news and email in my spare time during the work day. I was in a text conversation for going on two hours with occasional replies. If one used a smartphone at work more than I do, one probably won't have a job much longer lol. I took it off its charger this morning at 730am. I got home at 630pm and still had 50% battery life remaining... I know for certain because my wife has been bitter about her iphone battery dying at work (she's the one I'm texting all the time), so I've been teasing her the last couple days by calling out how much charge my battery has left. Her: ::: plugging in::: Me: :::quick check of battery status in settings::: "50 percent." Her: "You suck." We had just gotten home from work and picked up a pizza from Pizza Hut which I ordered on the way using the Pizza Hut app (unfortunately the only app to order pizza on at this point... but more will come, and it was quick and simple).

I haven't gone all out to save battery either. I just did the obvious. I turned NFC off as nothing uses it. Wifi and Bluetooth stay on all day, and my truck has Bluetooth. I listen to my music every day in the truck via the audio jack. My commute to and from work is about an hour total. I disabled a few apps that I don't need running in the background ever. I have my screen brightness set to medium rather than auto... I don't use the phone outside much at all.

I have a start screen filled with live tiles. Weather, me, local friends, family, close friends groups, groupon, cnn, livescape and more. I have 3 email accounts and I set two of them to check less frequently - really just to avoid the constant dinging.

11 hours using 50% of the battery in a typical work day's worth of poking around, browsing while in line at starbucks, texting throughout the day, couple calls, music and all the regular background activity on the phone is pretty damn good if you ask me. For the record, my wife's iPhone 4S's battery was dead by the time we got home.

Now if I play certain processor heavy games, those will chew up the battery. That's to be expected and that's the case on every phone.

Hope this guy enjoys his note. Those things are hilarious. I would have thought they were parodies of the continuing increase in phone size if I didn't know they were real phones.

Last edited:

smackbo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to run everything all the time the note 2 will also only give u 10 hrs .. why not just have the better phone and go get one of those portable batteries for 20 bucks if that's your only gripe

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a 3000 mah battery would be a much better fit for the 920...even if it adds 10-12 more grams, it will make a huge difference. I don't know where Motorola gets their batteries for the MAXX series, but Nokia better get on that game..

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I do worry about battery life with my new 8X; but you know let's be real about this. We want a phone with great specs (dual core), nice screen with beautiful colors, super awesome camera (front and back), GPS for our road trips, bluetooth for hands free access, LTE or 4G radio for fast network downloads or excellent cellular service, and we want the device to be thin as possible and feel good to carry. BUT, we expect it all to run 20+ hours??

Now, that doesn't mean we should stop the innovation. We should strive to design hardware and software to consume the least power as possible. However, we're not there yet and if we are, then it might not be at the price consumers are prepared spend.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
If you're trying to run everything all the time the note 2 will also only give u 10 hrs .. why not just have the better phone and go get one of those portable batteries for 20 bucks if that's your only gripe

I can run my Note 2 with Wifi, BT, GPS, NFC all enabled and hit 3-4hrs of screen time and be at 45-55% by the end of the day, with ease.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No, not offended.

Just irritated that people come here and post 1-3 times and all they are posting for is to tell us they don't like the phone and they are getting an iPhone or some Samsh*t.

Why would anyone care to hear that?

No one gives a **** that you are trading your phone in. Just trade it in and STFU.

There is absolutely zero need or purpose to post on your way out.

Pretty much this. I think we get at least one thread a day started like this. So... pointless.

fsmith328#AC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why some people can't believe there may an issue with their beloved Lumia 920s. I am on my second one and will probably return it for an 8x. My first had horrible battery life. It didn't last more than 8 hours with moderate usage. My boss also purchased a 920 the same day. We compared settings. He had everything turned on including the brightness was set at high. I had everything turned off. My battery drained 2x faster than his. The phone finally bricked and I returned it. My AT&T store said they had three other red 920s returned for similar issues. They ordered another red one and provided a new white one as a temporary replacement.

The battery life on the replacement is better but not good. I can get 10 hours with moderate usage. Email syncs manually and eveything else turned off including background tasks. I should buy an older Android phone if I need to tune the phone to survive an eight hour work day. The replacement phone has issues with Bluetooth in my BMW and several other bluetooth headsets. It freezes the phone. The phone has been frozen with a black screen twice while just sitting on my desk.

There is no need to bash people for pointing out problems they are having with their Lumia. My boss is the biggest MS ******. The only problem he experienced with his Lumia is pausing when streaming music through bluetooth. He has witnessed my issues with two separate phone and admits that I have done nothing wrong.

Don't tell me I am doing something wrong. I may be unlucky to have gotten two bad phones. No smartphone or OS is perfect, but some people on this forum act is if MS and Nokia can do no wrong.

Last edited:

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I think it's the battery saver meter. The other day, I got up and pulled my phone off the charger and did some browsing, read a recap, checked some email. When I went to leave for work 30 minutes or so later, I was down to 80%. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I didn't have the plug in all the way...but anyway, haven't had a problem since. In fact, my battery is fantastic. This morning I had Bluetooth on, did some quick browsing at the vet, took a picture which uploaded to my skydrive, got home and my battery was still reporting 100%.

Everyone that has battery issues, I highly recommend a recharging pad or stand. I agree that it shouldn't be necessary, but makes it so easy to keep topped off while at work. And my wifi stays on, The constant switching on and off can't be helping battery issues.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
...People really need to learn before bashing.... Because they can't get more than 10hrs clearly shows you're doing something wrong!

Hmmm...I think I heard that from somewhere....where....where

GOT IT
antennagate.jpg

Steve Job's blamed end users for the poor antenna receptions for the iPhone 4....see problem solved just blame the end user for holding it wrong or in 'some' lumia 920's....cough actually using the device.

Some users are having problem...some are not...I wouldn't blame the end user for some devices not having poor battery life

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Please give your 920 a week before you give up due to battery life.

I thought it sucked for the first 3 days too, showing that it almost dead in less than 10 hours. I was trying to turn off everything possible just to make it home, charging it in my car to get a boost.

Yesterday i had it off a charger from 8 am to after midnight, and still had 37% left. NFC, WiFi, Location are all on. I used it moderately all day, including some games, podcasts, and streaming video, txts and phone calls.

I didn't uninstall any apps, or factory reset, though twice I've had to soft reset it. The main thing I did to "fix" the battery is to turn it back on after it shut off one night. I then put it through constant use for almost an hour before it "really" ran out of juice. After a full overnight charge, my battery life has been great ever since. It's a calibration issue, nothing more. The software is cutting off the power way too early out of the box.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What mpelti is saying really is true. There is definitely something finicky about the battery life when you first get the phone... my was exactly the same. I'm not sure what I did that ended the problem, or whether it ended on its own, but my battery life has been great ever since - and I was getting worried early on.

smackbo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I can run my Note 2 with Wifi, BT, GPS, NFC all enabled and hit 3-4hrs of screen time and be at 45-55% by the end of the day, with ease.

If you love Samsung so much why are you on this forum ?? .. my phone is the shizz and not an expensive piece of lousy feeling plastic .. try running the note over with a car and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb