Bye Bye Lumia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftturney

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting such great battery life then it must be the defective hardware/battery that I had. I don't see how software update will fix other people's battery life since your is working amazingly well.

It's hard to say, but now my fiancee has one as of yesterday as well so I will have to see how hers compares to mine and her old Focus Flash. She is a serious phone user, her Flash would be barely alive at 6:00 at night, so I'll give it a few days and see where she's at. I still think some people have background tasks running that could be the culprit. Heat would be the indication of processor usage, not battery contrary to what others here seem to think. Most people who have bad battery life also talked about heat, so I still think this issue is background applications. Nokia drive could be the bad seed here, I have mine disabled in the bg.

Also, adjusting things like the brightness really helps, and yes, the brightness adjustment also effects how bright the auto brightness control can go. My brightness is set to medium with auto brightness on and it's still decently tolerable outside.

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Until the Nokia updates the other day (Mon. ?), I would typically get to about 10 hours off the charger and would only have about 25%-30% battery life left. I even had a couple of days where my phone died after about 10 hours off the charger. Since the update, I consistently get excellent battery life. I pulled the phone off the charger 8 hours ago and still have 82%/14 hours of life (according to Battery Level). I have sent 20ish texts, 4-5 five minute calls, connected to Wi-Fi all day and other moderate use (web searches, FB, etc...).

Yesterday I had the phone off the charger for 12+ hours. When I put the phone back on the charger, I still had 72% life left. Not sure how accurate Battery Level is, but when I pull it off the charger in the morning, it tells me I have 22+ hours of life. I can live with that!

I truly think they corrected something with that update

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 gets slightly better battery life than the 920.
You need to correct that statement...your Galaxy S3 gets slightly better battery life than YOUR 920, not "the 920".

All things equal, meaning you have a properly functioning L920 and a properly functioning GS3, the L920 will more than double the battery life of the GS3..

leftturney

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Until the Nokia updates the other day (Mon. ?), I would typically get to about 10 hours off the charger and would only have about 25%-30% battery life left. I even had a couple of days where my phone died after about 10 hours off the charger. Since the update, I consistently get excellent battery life. I pulled the phone off the charger 8 hours ago and still have 82%/14 hours of life (according to Battery Level). I have sent 20ish texts, 4-5 five minute calls, connected to Wi-Fi all day and other moderate use (web searches, FB, etc...).

Yesterday I had the phone off the charger for 12+ hours. When I put the phone back on the charger, I still had 72% life left. Not sure how accurate Battery Level is, but when I pull it off the charger in the morning, it tells me I have 22+ hours of life. I can live with that!

I truly think they corrected something with that update

Could be, i haven't noticed much change since the update, but mine has been fine from day one. Well, it arrived half-charged but that was expected. I'm going to dedicate my Saturday this weekend to running WP Bench's battery test to see how it compares to the other phones. The current #1 phone is a Lumia 610 with a battery test time of 12h:32m:07s. I'm pretty sure the 920 can top that but we will see. Actually, the Lumia 610 has the top 4 spots with an HTC HD7 in fifth at 8h:50m:11s.

bbqrooster

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much this. I think we get at least one thread a day started like this. So... pointless.
Pointless it is. These posts sound like troll posting. I don't even know if the OP actually bought a Lumia 920. I can do the same thing and post on the Android board about returning a Note 2 blah blah for whatever defect blah blah. Who the heck can find out if I do own a Note 2 or not. So don't work yourself up on this kind of post, I just look at my Lumia 920 and laugh at the OP.

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Go on my profile and look at my previous posts from purchasing my Lumia 920 to Babying the phone. I am not the only person who is complaining about the battery life. Microsoft gave me a $25 voucher as I walked in the store. Then I used it toward my purchase of the Lumia 920.

Pointless it is. These posts sound like troll posting. I don't even know if the OP actually bought a Lumia 920. I can do the same thing and post on the Android board about returning a Note 2 blah blah for whatever defect blah blah. Who the heck can find out if I do own a Note 2 or not. So don't work yourself up on this kind of post, I just look at my Lumia 920 and laugh at the OP.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There should be a .pdf battery and power savings guide on every phone... Or in the Help. I returned two iPhone4S cause they did not meet my battery life expectations. He points out a valid point about missing information, MS must add the subject to the phone help.

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have personally used Android phone for an year.
The battery sucked.

Lumia 920 has awesome battery.
I don't have to charge at work.
I do heavy browsing and use it as GPS.

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have personally used Android phone for an year.
The battery sucked.

Lumia 920 has awesome battery.
I don't have to charge at work.
I do heavy browsing and use it as GPS.

I'm so upset. I really wanted to keep my Lumia 920. Many people seems to be getting excellent battery life. Arrgggg! I'm without a smartphone right now. My Note 2 is backordered until next week. Maybe I should cancel my order and get my Lumia 920 back. :crying:

Ron Koh Ri Rong

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten a note ii upgrading from my Optimus 7 because i could not wait till dec for wp8 to be release in my country.
Though i find it to be very good, the size is giving me problems with one handed use, which is important to me. But the good thing with android is that the are ways to improve on that situation and i am getting used to it.
The strange thing is that i didnt get good battery life with the noteii and it was dying before my day is over... I have to switch off lots of functions before it can last me one full day.
I might still be getting a smaller wp8 phone... But most probably wait for the next generation of phone... Hoping for a pureview 41mp + ois.. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99