Visual Voicemail Volume

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Both my wife and I have 920's and on both of our phones, if we try to listen to voicemail messages that were downloaded via the Visual Voicemail feature, the message is very quiet. Even if I crank the volume up, the message is still quiet. Playing the message via the speaker phone produces adequate volume, but obviously broadcasting one's voicemail to the whole world isn't always a good idea.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a cure? :eck: The Visual Voicemail feature is neat... but not if I can't hear it!

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this problem.

I'm not sure why it's doing this. I exchanged by phone, thinking it was a hardware issue. It was not.

When I call in directly to my Voicemail, the volume is normal. But when I listen to the same message through Visual Voicemail, the volume is too quiet.

It's clear the the issue is not with the recording of the voicemail, or the playback from the Voicemail. It's clear my phone's earpiece and speakerphone are working properly, so it's not that. Something seems to be wrong with the Visual Voicemail specifically.

I am considering calling Nokia support, but I have a feeling this may be something to do with WP8?

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like this isn't a 920 issue. The following forum posts seem to indicate it's a network issue. In the following case, Sprint is also having the issue:
Posted by Sprint's Voicemail Guy;

Actually the low volume issue is an intermittent network issue, not a handset issue. We have been troubleshooting it for several weeks trying to figure out what's was causing it.

We believe we have found the issue, and we are installing a patch on our visual voicemail platform later this month that will resolve it.

Sprint Community: Visual Voice-mail volume?

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
While I'm not a 920 owner yet, this seems to be inherent with visual voicemail across mulitple carries/platforms. I have the same issue with visual voicemail on my SGSII with T-Mobile. I wish the volume were as loud when listening to voicemail when dialing it directly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro