I believe I've narrowed down the problem for me. I know for sure it only happens when I'm on a call. Usually a longer call (10+ minutes) and I believe it only happens when I'm using my bluetooth headset. For now, I believe I can avoid the device freezing by simply not using my bluetooth headset. As long as I believe this will get fixed, I'm okay to deal with this.

Since this is an issue with the device, I thought I'd go to AT&T to see what my options are. Problem is, I dropped the device once, and there is a small dent in one of the corners. These issues I've been having were apparent before the drop, and I didn't notice any more problems after the drop, so I'm confident the drop had nothing to do with it, however, AT&T is not willing to exchange the phone because of that dent. I do have insurance on the phone so I could pay $125 and have it replaced with no questions asked, but that's a hefty sum just to fix an issue that Windows/Nokia may fix in the near future.
    11-28-2012 01:50 PM
    I find it hard to believe that the freezes that a lot of people are having are due to hardware, especially when I remember reading that it was not just on the Lumia. I am of the opinion it is app or OS related. My freezes usually happen when running Words with Friends. I had quite a few freezes the first week or so, but then my phone has been rock solid for a week or more with not a single freeeze. I know Microsoft will be sending out an update next month to deal with reboots, so I am confident updates for apps and the OS will come out to address freezing issues. And Nokia phones seem to get the fastest updates, so if fixes come out, we will get them quickly, hopefully. The good news is that it does not take very long at all to do the volume down/power soft reset to unfreeze my phone. If updates do not fix it, we have a year warranty on the phone from Nokia. I am going to be patient...all part of being first on the block with a new model.
    11-28-2012 02:52 PM
    You're right. It most likely is an OS issue, which is somewhat to be expected, given that it just came out. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the phone, and, you're right, it's not hard to fix the reset.

I did consider going through Nokia, but I'm afraid they may tell me the same thing AT&T did about me dropping my phone. Ah well, I'll tough it out for now. If it isn't resolved 4-5 months from now, I may look into using my Nokia warranty and/or mobile insurance.

Didn't know about the update next month. That's great to hear.
    11-28-2012 03:00 PM
    They just announced about them finding an issue and sending out an update in December to address it in the last day or so. What is nice is that they will send it over the air, and hopefully the providers will not be involved and dragging their feet getting updates out.
    11-28-2012 03:13 PM