I know this is probably a more WP8 general question that just a 920, but hopefully someone here can help...

I have skype on 920, but I can't seem to get any incoming calls unless the app is open and I'm looking at the screen. How do I fix this?

I was under the assumption that WP8 would allow skype to run in the background, even if the app wasn't open. Oddly enough, when I check my background tasks in settings, skype isn't listed. I can't find the settings on skype to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated and again, THANK YOU!
    11-28-2012 02:49 PM
    no way to fix that, this is how it currently works - and with WiFi still shutting off when phone is in sleep mode kills it as well - (although plugging your phone into a power source will keep wifi on) -> until its fixed early next year.

Mine does the same as you are reporting, I open Skype, click home button, click Skype again and it appears to be "resumimg" - This is supposed to be fixed up as well.. Hopefully in that rumored early Q1 2013 OTA update :)
    11-28-2012 02:54 PM
    no way to fix that, this is how it currently works - and with WiFi still shutting off when phone is in sleep mode kills it as well - (although plugging your phone into a power source will keep wifi on) -> until its fixed early next year.

Mine does the same as you are reporting, I open Skype, click home button, click Skype again and it appears to be "resumimg" - This is supposed to be fixed up as well.. Hopefully in that rumored early Q1 2013 OTA update :)
    Yeah this is a bummer. I thought that skype calls would come in just like phone calls. After having my girlfriend "test out" this feature on my phone that I thought it had, I felt rather idiotic when her iphone did the same thing just fine.
    11-28-2012 03:03 PM
    Basically the app is a preview (beta) still so it doesn't have support for full background functionality yet. Have to wait for an update to the app which I would hope if fairly soon since it is a big one for MS and the Windows platform.
    11-28-2012 03:04 PM
    It is a bummer.. I get zero signal in my office, it'll be here soon though.
    11-28-2012 03:20 PM
    Basically the app is a preview (beta) still so it doesn't have support for full background functionality yet. Have to wait for an update to the app which I would hope if fairly soon since it is a big one for MS and the Windows platform.
    I knew it was still in beta, but I figured they would test more features in the beta. especially since MS owns Skype.
    11-28-2012 03:20 PM
    Was just about to ask about this. Whenever I have Skype on data and come out of the app I get no notifications about calls, messages - nothing. I'm pretty sure when I first installed the preview it worked for a day or two out of app but now nothing... the consensus is because this is being worked on and will be implemented properly soon?
    12-01-2012 06:09 AM
    Give MS time to work out the bugs .
    12-01-2012 09:17 AM
    Another question. Might as well ask it here. Can the Skype app send and receive files like on other platforms by companies not named Microsoft?
    12-02-2012 07:05 PM