Bodyguardz UltraTough Clear Screenguardz for Lumia 920

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone uses the Bodyguardz UltraTough Clear Screenguardz for their 920. So far this is my choice for a screen protector, but I wanted to know if you guys liked it. Bodyguardz also has an anti glare/anti fingerprint screen protector available, and while I do hate fingerprints, it has a matte finish. Not sure if I'd like that feeling on my phone's screen. But if you guys recommend this one over the UltraTough one I'll consider it :p

If nobody has tried Bodyguardz's screen protectors yet, any other recommendations? I really want a scratch free screen. I've seen the videos about the 920s tough screen, but I'd like to stay on the safe side. Not getting a case though.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't put anything on. ;). I used Zagg to cover the back/top/bottom/side because I'm a little careless when I place my phone. Yeah, call me crazy. 😆
Sent from my Red L920 using Board Express

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Ive never had that feel, it feels solid to me, like a part of the phone - + lifetime warranty is awesome :) You will not be sorry you bought Zagg or Skinomi. (Just be careful if you get the back protector with your order and use the wireless charger.. the wireless charger leaves a ring on the portector- so put something between the phone and charger...)

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I just had Ghost Armor put on mine. Full body. I've used Zagg for years and really don't like the feel but it was the best out there. But GA is better in my opinion. It's perfectly clear - no orange peel. It adds a bit of grip but not much and the screen still feels good. If I didn't tell you there was a protector onit you probably might not even notice.

The body wraps around from the edge of the screen to the other edge. Very well cut. There are end pieces too. The only. Gripe I might have is that the screen portion is just a hair's width too narrow. I would have preferred it to be very slightly wider so it met the back piece. As it is there is a very, very narrow gap. Hasn't caused a problem but never the less it would be nice.

My only suggestion would be to go to a GA store or kiosk and have them put it on. First, it's a wet install (which is harder) but mostly because they put it in a dryer ( UV I think) which seems to shrink the skin just a bit, hence no orange peel. At least that's been my experience and I've put on Zagg on at least 6 devices that I can remember.

All in all I'm really happy with my choice. I have a red 920 so I went with the clear. It's just as glossy but I don't worry about throwing it in my purse of pocket at all. And the little grip - well I can lay it flat on my hand and turn my hand almost 80+ degrees and it doesn't slide off so it feels more secure in my hand. They have some carbon fiber matte ones too, black, red, purple, and some others. Those look nice and won't be glossy. I did consider the black or grey thinking that it would leave the red around the edges (kind of like pinstripes) but since I like my red 920 I went with clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk