Love Tiles but...

Anirudh Sarma

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Lol well they do have quad cores. I think they will get there soon.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Before i got the 920 i was using a galaxy S and the phone was dying due to lack of ram and processing capability, i was looking to buy another android phone and i had a look at my friends htc one x, the phone was fast being quad core and all. Then i looked at the RAM consumption and it was 800 MB (he did have a lot of apps running, nevertheless). I found that to be extremely ridiculous and realized that if i was going to get another android phone it could very well be useless in 6-12 months, hence windows

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you and I posted a comment about this before. I love WP but I think I need some folders. I'm not sure what the best way to implement them is. I like to have a lot of apps. With the current setup, you ether A) have tons of apps pinned to your start screen which requires lots of scrolling or B) scroll thru the app list alphabetically. With option A, if you use the small tile to fit lots of apps on, you only have the symbol and no name so you have to memorize every apps icon.

My problem is that I can't always remember the name of an app. With my iPhone, I would have a network tools folder etc. and I only had to glance at 10 or so apps to find the one that I want instead of remembering that the bandwidth tester is under Q because it's full name is Quick Bandwidth tester etc.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be projector added to the phone. Press it and BAM!, on your wall you see 200 perfectly animated live tiles.

I think I'd use it every night before bed. Just have it project on my ceiling.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm totally getting the surface pro when it comes out but even after I buy it, it won't fit in my pocket so I'll still be sporting my Lumia 920.

westex74

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the only thing WP8 needs is a notification screen. I figure you will swipe to the left to get to your APP list, and you will swipe right to get to the notification screen. That would be sweet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05