is tap to send working on other phones for you guys?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i've tried it on 3 different galaxy 3s and it doesn't seem to work. i tried it on a random strangers 920 and it worked fine.

is tap to send company specific? are we only able to tap each other? i want to tap other phones too.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i tried music and photos. the thing is, when i tap the s3, it response to the tap but the item cant be located and it show up as broken codes like "!@#$%^&" (just an example).

the random stranger i tapped; i tapped him a pic of me and it worked.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i think gs3 uses the android beam and 920 uses nfc. they are like the same thing but may have diff technology that doesnt make them quite compatible.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
i've tried it on 3 different galaxy 3s and it doesn't seem to work. i tried it on a random strangers 920 and it worked fine.

is tap to send company specific? are we only able to tap each other? i want to tap other phones too.

I tried tapping and sending a photo to a galaxy S3 several times and all the S3 got was a few lines of garbled text.

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Only thing you can send across platforms ( Windows and Android) is Websites i'm pretty sure

Videos and Music only work on same platform

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That would be because Tap to Send uses bluetooth to send binary data.

NFC is really quite slow (424 Kilobit/second, so 53 kilobytes/second) so in order to transfer pictures or songs, NFC negotiates a bluetooth connection that the data is then sent through. URLs and simple text are small enough to be sent over NFC directly and is thus cross platform. The NFC bluetooth negotiation is WP8 only.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
That would be because Tap to Send uses bluetooth to send binary data.

NFC is really quite slow (424 Kilobit/second, so 53 kilobytes/second) so in order to transfer pictures or songs, NFC negotiates a bluetooth connection that the data is then sent through. URLs and simple text are small enough to be sent over NFC directly and is thus cross platform. The NFC bluetooth negotiation is WP8 only.

nice... learned something new today. thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)