Dust under the front camera lumia 920

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
just got my lumia 920 a week age and i realy like it, but a lot of Dust under the front camera, What am I supposed to do?
Will at&t replace it for a new phone? i do not want to get a refurbished phone after just a week i paid full price
does any one else has this problem?

Last edited:

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
another member here has the same issue as you. it doesn't distort the picture quality does it? i can't imagine it affecting the picture quality but i understand your frustration. such a beautiful device and you just got it.

simple solution, return it (14 days no questions asked) and get a new one.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i just started getting it.. Not really bothered by it.. I've read around a high pressure can/spray will help!
i think the problem is, the dust comes in from the little speaker next to it!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Good god... it's a little dust! If it were to affect the quality of the pictures, sure. But, I have dust under my screen near the lens, and the pictures are surely not affected in the least. I think sometimes, people can be too nit picky. It is GOING TO HAPPEN, it's a fact. There isn't anything you can do, short of leaving in a air tight container at all times, that will prevent microns of dust from collecting inside the device.

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Good god... it's a little dust! If it were to affect the quality of the pictures, sure. But, I have dust under my screen near the lens, and the pictures are surely not affected in the least. I think sometimes, people can be too nit picky. It is GOING TO HAPPEN, it's a fact. There isn't anything you can do, short of leaving in a air tight container at all times, that will prevent microns of dust from collecting inside the device.

Thats actually not true. It SHOULD be air tight with no dust. If there is dust after just two weeks or so, what will it be like after a year. People SHOULD care about little imperfections AND call them out.

My original iPhone 4 or the 4S don't have one piece of dust in the front lens. My 920 has a TON and is getting returned. It amazes me how little people care about build quality.

front camera dust.JPG

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Thats actually not true. It SHOULD be air tight with no dust. If there is dust after just two weeks or so, what will it be like after a year. People SHOULD care about little imperfections AND call them out.

My original iPhone 4 or the 4S don't have one piece of dust in the front lens. My 920 has a TON and is getting returned. It amazes me how little people care about build quality.

View attachment 23808

that right thur, is not acceptable. maybe after 1 yr of rough use but a brand new phone??? no.

return that sucker.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Guys I returned my first one, now i'm on my SECOND one and it has Dust in the FFC as well.

And now they are telling me i'm outside of my 14 days... that's kind of stupid.. it should start the 14 days on the new model they gave me... and now i'm stuck?

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah this is my second 920, and there is still dust getting under it. i say **** it, i dont use the ffc much, its just annoying to look at. get a can of air doe, that will work!

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
(Cyan AT&T 920)

I was JUST able to use a can of compressed air to clean mine! I should have taken pics... I had quite a few specks of dust around the lens of my FFC so as per Zokstar's recommendation, I took a can of air and sprayed right above the camera itself (not in the speaker hole). I didn't think it'd do much, but after a couple of sprays, there is NO dust at all now! (I probably sprayed it to other parts inside the phone, but meh)

It doesn't seem like there's much of a space right above the camera, but it seems the dust gets in between the polycarbonate body and the edge of the glass right above the camera. That's where I sprayed and that worked for me... your mileage may vary, but it's worth a try! Good luck!

EDIT: Just took a couple of pics with my Sprint HTC Arrive to try and show the lens is clean and the lack of a noticeable gap above the lens. My Lumia doesn't have any issues that others have (creaking in the top of the case, etc.). Sorry for the blur, but it seems the Arrive's camera can't focus well up close.. I was holding the phone as steady as I could.

Pic 1 - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Pic 2 - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Last edited:

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for 8 days now and there are two dust particles under my FF camera also. As I won't be using the FF camera a whole lot, I'm much more concerned about dust interfering with the proximity sensor next to it over time as more dust inevitably accumulates. Outside of this, I haven't had a single problem with my Red 920. I keep going back and forth over whether to exchange it.

Do you guys think this is a problem among all 920's, i.e. even worth exchanging?

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 23812
You can add mine to the list. ATT says this is user damage and warranty is voided. I loathe them.

That is really sad on ATT part. Try Nokia, this should not be happening. I dont know how, but I was able to get ATT to send me a new 920 with ease, after my 14 day. They said just send back the old one. For some reason the lady thought it was a 30 day return policy.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
so after about two weeks.. i found dust under my front camera :( what the ****.. im replacement device was supposed to ship a week ago but no word (dead pixel).. oh man i went through so much to get this yellow lumia 920.. this is my last try

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
just go my lumia 920 a week age and i realy like it, but a lot of Dust under the front camera, What am I supposed to do?
Will at&t replace it for a new phone? i do not want to get a refurbished phone after just a week i paid full price
does any one else has this problem?

Just take it back, get your refund and buy a different phone. It seems many are experiencing the dust under the FFC so to get better build quality buy something different.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Have the same issue, but it doesn't bother me since I don't really use FFC..at all. It shouldn't happen, but personally I don't see it warranting a replacement.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Worth considering also, is that if dust is getting into the phone, then it's possibly a contributory factor in causing overheating of the phones internal electronic components. .

Dust in electronic devices is the main eventual cause of failure of those items due to the excessive heat that is created.

XBX4LFE

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have 4 tiny specs on my camera...smh...The whole bezel should have been glued better along with the ear piece..Nokia doesn't want to do anything. It's terrible...im returning mine and hoping to get one with less of a gap around the glass..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)