I need help. Cyan or Red?

eXoTaylor

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got cyan. I think its very nice. The main reason was because it was a matte finish and didn't want boring black. The white, yellow, and red are gloss. If the red was matte then I would of definitely went with that color. Red looks amazing and so does blue. Just depends if your picky about the finish of the phone.

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Black or white..just to go against the grain, I'll tell you why.

Either one of those colors gives you the most option when it comes to picking a theme for your phone. Your options are limited when you want the borders of your phone to have some consistency with the theme of your phone. I thought I wanted the red when I saw it in store but after trying to pick a theme I just couldn't do it. Picked the white and I have no regrets, I can rock and theme and it looks fantastic, currently with mauve.

Silent Rage

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I plan on getting both. Cyan for me and Red for my wife. My wife wanted the cyan after I picked it, but either one looks real good!

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Matte cyan over glossy red. On the glossy, it seems like they only painted the color outside. The matte is same color all the way through the inside, which is harder to see dents and cuts.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Matte cyan over glossy red. On the glossy, it seems like they only painted the color outside. The matte is same color all the way through the inside, which is harder to see dents and cuts.

I'm pretty sure the PC casing on all the 920s is colored through the mixing of the PC. The gloss is just how they finished.

mechashen

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a white and it is beautiful, but I came away very impressed with the cyan after seeing both red and cyan at the Microsoft store. The matte finish makes it very classy.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Either one of those colors gives you the most option when it comes to picking a theme for your phone. Your options are limited when you want the borders of your phone to have some consistency with the theme of your phone. I thought I wanted the red when I saw it in store but after trying to pick a theme I just couldn't do it. Picked the white and I have no regrets, I can rock and theme and it looks fantastic, currently with mauve.

That's why I went cyan to black! Been switching b/t cobalt and indigo.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know its all a matter of opinion, but I don't see how a standard glossy finish (basically all phones use) can feel or look more sexy than matte. That's for texture; color wise I probably prefer red, but I'd choose cyan simply because of the finish.

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wanted red because it is my favorite color, but after seeing the 920 in store, i changed my mind. I am not saying the red looks bad, it's just not the type of "red" that I like. So definitely go to stores to see all the colors and you can probably make a decision.
BTW, it was a tough decision lol

jerrynomenon

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Not really for me as I'm using yellow for my red 920.. I like the contrast of color and thus prefer over red theme. (Also because I have two large xbox tiles which are always green)

jerrynomenon

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Red - Glossy, shiny, UNIQUE, bunch of fingerprints, choose if u wanna hear questions like "OMG, is it a phone or is it a case?"
Cyan - matte, choose if u HATE fingerprints
I have red one

If u cannot decide buy 820 with cyan and white cover

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon