Washed out start screen?

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Love my 920 so far but have something strange going on intermittently and want to know if others have experienced this? I hit the power button and the lock screen is super bright and the colors looked washed out or over exposed, then within a second or two the auto brightness visibly kicks downs four or five "gears". I've noticed it three or four times in the fours days I've used the phone. Anybody else?

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I did notice that in full sun conditions outdoors, the screen appears washed out. It does seem to balance itself after a few seconds / minutes. I think it has to do with the auto-brightness sensor.

jeres88

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This happens to my screen when I'm outdoors in bright sunlight. Normally it would bother me more, but I have never been able to see a screen in bright sunlight as well as I can see this one.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it's the polarization and brightness for high visibility in bright sunlight. The only time I've noticed the washed-out look was in those conditions. Personally, I can deal with that if it means being able to clearly view the screen on a sunny south FL day!

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
you guys are all wrong, this is basically high contrast mode, when your phone thinks that you're outside, and the software makes it so that the screen is easier to read.

UnnDunn

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This is high contrast mode. The screen brightness is maxed out, and an edge-enhancement effect is applied to the image to make things easier to read in bright daylight.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, not sure it's high contrast mode as it goes away within 3-4 seconds. Screen is great in sun! I can duplicate it by holding in bright daylight or sun and turning off, then turning back on. Doesn't seem to work under bright light bulb or behind pane glass in sun. Also was not able to capture screen shot of the "overexposed" look, showed as normal in gallery.

What I'm saying is if it's high contrast mode it would stay that way as its held in sunlight, no?

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, not sure it's high contrast mode as it goes away within 3-4 seconds. Screen is great in sun! I can duplicate it by holding in bright daylight or sun and turning off, then turning back on. Doesn't seem to work under bright light bulb or behind pane glass in sun. Also was not able to capture screen shot of the "overexposed" look, showed as normal in gallery.

What I'm saying is if it's high contrast mode it would stay that way as its held in sunlight, no?

what you are describing is high contrast mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos