Can't Watch YouTube videos... Help

Iviansour

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to open a YouTube link that usually works but I get a "video can't be played on,your phone. " error. I tried other YouTube videos, still same error... Has anyone experienced this?

econ24

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. A couple of days ago I was able to watch videos on a game review site but now I can't watch YouTube, Netflix, or videos from the same game website.

snowydingo

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep, having same problem. Can't watch anything on YouTube on my Lumia 920 . Can't watch videos friends post on facebook either, which sux, seeing this is supposed to the best thing since sliced bread. When I connected to a friends WiFi I could watch YouTube, but when I go back to mobile data I couldn't watch the exact same video.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, having same problem. Can't watch anything on YouTube on my Lumia 920 . Can't watch videos friends post on facebook either, which sux, seeing this is supposed to the best thing since sliced bread. When I connected to a friends WiFi I could watch YouTube, but when I go back to mobile data I couldn't watch the exact same video.
Maybe that suggests poor data connections?

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have this exact problem. Never used to have any issues and on my iphone or an android phone no problems watching over 3g in either the mobile app or the web browser.
But on my lumia 920 over wifi no problems but as soon as I'm on mobile data can't watch any videos without that error.
(In Australia on Telstra)
It's a bit of a bummer.
Also its not poor coverage. I have full 4g/3g reception but still no luck.

EDIT...
Though I just tried it again to take a screenshot of the issue and it was working flawlessly now. I know I'm continuously getting full reception so its either some kind of error in wp8 or its something coming from youtubes end. But i have had it fail on me on more than one occasion.

Last edited:

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
sometimes its because of music rights. In some of my videos ive used music from Warner and they are not playable on mobile devices.
Same thing with Marvin Gayes lable, none of his Songs are playable on mobile devices (non live material).

its a pain if I spend alot of time making a video and then choose the wrong lable. Now I only use Songs that I first have seen on my phone in someone ellses video.

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Please post a link to the specific video you cannot watch.
It is literally any video on the service (I tried like 10 or so from various channels) so linking you the specific video wouldn't accomplish much. It has nothing to do with music rights or country availability. Also all of these videos play immediately as soon as you connect to wifi.
I even tested it straight after it failed on 3g and it played just fine on wifi.
Metrotube also throws up a "there was a problem playing this video in HQ" error indefinitely even if you have selected low quality and apps like tube download just go into an infinite loading loop like it isn't getting any data.

I also tried restarting the phone and toggling airplane mode and none of this helped fix the issue.

gaurav jeerh

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't Watch YouTube videos..even when i open youtube video the message is display we cant open r

i have problem when i am opened youtube video the message is displayed on screen sorry we can,t open this file on your phone and my phone is lumia 900.even i have reset my phone the issue is not solving..please text me urgent i want some prepreatition of my exams through youtube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb