Hi guys,

I do not know how to word this, but I made a couple of pictures in complete darkness. What I found every time is that in the same sections on the pictures, there are some blue and white dots, in different, dark pictures every time.

At first I thought those are dead screen pixels, but those are not, because those do not appear on complete dark background like wallpaper.

Has anyone noticed something like that?

I am attaching a full size picture, have a look at it on a very bright screen with low room light.

Here is the picture: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...A-PoG0kPXvJwAQ
    11-29-2012 11:51 AM
    Hi guys,

I do not know how to word this, but I made a couple of pictures in complete darkness. What I found every time is that in the same sections on the pictures, there are some blue and white dots, in different, dark pictures every time.

At first I thought those are dead screen pixels, but those are not, because those do not appear on complete dark background like wallpaper.

Has anyone noticed something like that?

I am attaching a full size picture, have a look at it on a very bright screen with low room light.

I attach
    This is not uncommon with small sensors (and well, actually, any photo sensor). Realize they are dealing with millions of pixels. Some will be be stuck, or hot, or dead.
    11-29-2012 11:54 AM
    Well, I have had 2 phones with 8 megapixel cameras and never had such a problems.

Has anyone else noticed this in their Lumias?
    11-29-2012 02:01 PM
    My God, I have just viewed the picture in 100% size, it looks like galaxy of stars... There is literally hundreds, and what is worse, there are 1-2 groups of blue pixels stuck together, which are quite visible... Any advice? Should I accept it as it is or try to go with this to Nokia?

I have just double checked the camera on my Galaxy S II, which is also 8 megapixels. It has NO stuck/dead pixels!!!

Looks like Nokia quality issues to me...
    11-29-2012 02:41 PM
    To my knownology it is fairly common. It is called hot pixel.
    11-29-2012 02:50 PM
    Do you leave it as it is, or is there a way to un-stuck it?

Is this something that would be handled by the warranty?
    11-29-2012 03:00 PM
    No it is not phone quality issue I think. Your Galaxy phone does not have them may because it lacks the optical stabilization system to extend the exposure time.

Do you leave it as it is, or is there a way to un-stuck it?

Is this something that would be handled by the warranty?
    11-29-2012 06:30 PM
    Dead vs Stuck vs Hot Pixels

Stuck Pixels - NoFilmSchool

A couple reference articles. They are more designed around DSLR's

I would wonder what your result is if you attempted a picture that is fully white like super over exposed.
    11-29-2012 07:31 PM