Bluetooth Audio Locking up my phone.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 that I occasional use for maps and delivering audio in my car over bluetooth. Last Wednesday I used the map and listened to music while driving to get my daughter from collage. I have used it before, but this is the last time I remember it working. Then today, Thursday (8 days later), when I connect my phone to bluetooth in my car, I can no longer use the three front buttons, volume, power or camera. The screen still works. I have to do a soft reset to get the phone back. I did some playing, regardless whether I am in an app or not, as soon as I connect my phone to bluetooth audio it locks up. The only thing that has changed is I downloaded a few programs(Gmaps Pro, some games), put on a screen protector, and got the Nokia Extras+ updates. I am wondering if anyone else is having issue since Nokia pushed the Extra+ update. I am connecting to A Ford Sync for bluetooth..

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've come across something similar. The phone will hang if you use any bluetooth controls (play, pause, forward, etc...) if the music app is NOT running (No playback controls on the volume dropdown).

To fix? Just start your music from the phone itself then as long as the playback controls are there, bluetooth will work fine.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to post with this. My 920 has been locking up if I turn the Bluetooth on in the middle of a call. I'm using a Plantronics Legend headset. The other weird thing it likes to do is dump the Bluetooth connection in the middle of a call. I use this headset extensively for work paired with my Thinkpad for Skype calls and have no issues. Any idea's??

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
again Bluetooth working great today for a while and then just disconnected. I'm not sure that disconnected is the right word as my headset will give an audio warning when it disconnects and I don't hear that. It's as if the phone just stops sending audio. Now that I know the issue I just quickly switch to speaker phone and I'm fine but this needs to be fixed in the update ASAP...

holodyn

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me as well in case any dev's are listening - Lumia 920 pairing with any bluetooth device causes severe system lag while pairing and often lockup. Just now the lockup occurred after exiting bluetooth settings and entering Nokia Music. Had to perform soft reset - very annoying!

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I had similar problems with bluetooth. I was having bad problems with my phone freezing. For the most part, I solved it with patience. It appears the 920 takes a long time to complete the bluetooth synching process. If I simply wait for the phone to complete the process before touching the phone or bluetooth controls, it works fine. Sometimes this can take 5-10 seconds. Even so, when connected to bluetooth the music app is slow and unresponsive.

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wonderful... I have a Samsung Focus that has this issue with my Ford Sync and I was upgrading to a Lumia 920 soon. I was really hoping that it would be resolved with Windows Phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99