Did your battery life change after the last update?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to know since I've been getting really good battery life since the last update...or what I think is because the last update.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
on the last Extra update my battery literally drained to 0% and shut down over night when I was sleeping ...after a full recharge it's been more than excellent even when playing music at work

btw, my wifes phone still haven't received the update ....anybody else not receiving it in the Store?

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
well, I have done all the updates they've been pushing but I don't know for the alarm clock app I downloaded -24 hour alarm clock ultra. Does it need to be active in order to work? I've been starting it and leaving it running overnight with my phone connected to a charger because I'm afraid the batter will be dead by 6:00AM. Not sure that is necessary or not, when I used alarm clocks with the iphone, I had to leave the app running overnight for it to work properly but it didn't drain the battery so much.

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember when i got the update, but I have 65% battery left after 34 hours off charge. Pretty light usage but 4 push accounts going.

This phone started out with terrible battery life and over the past 3 weeks has gotten just better and better and better.

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember when i got the update, but I have 65% battery left after 34 hours off charge. Pretty light usage but 4 push accounts going.

This phone started out with terrible battery life and over the past 3 weeks has gotten just better and better and better.

I curious about did you let your batter died and then a full charge to get this excellent battery life?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree. My battery life has changed since updating extras and Nokia trailers otlr whatever was updated

Hopefully we can confirm this with others. Maybe the problems are batch specific and they're identifying each problem and sending out updates to the relevant phones? This is just speculation but good to know that someone else's battery life has changed too.

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've all the updates. I turned off the battery app which I believe was the issue for me.
with battery app on - 8hrs(in car not plugged while I'm at work) = totally dead phone
with battery app off - 8hrs = 10% drain, around 90% battery when I get back to the car.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Strange. Something ate 40 percent of my battery this morning on my 30 minute train ride to work. I normally get fantastic battery life (18 hours+). I had nothing in running in the background. Perhaps a runaway app that never actually closed when I closed it?? I dont know but I will keep an eye on this.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
my battery life since i got some updates from the store has increased also. i already had good battery life but it is noticeably even better. yesterday i talked on my phone ALOT, probably about 3 hours talk time. did about 100 text msg's, checked 10 websites frequently (including this one), played 3 games for atleast 20-30min each, took a few photo's for my mother, recorded a 1080p video that ended up being 13min long. and listened to music for about 2 hours in the day with my headphones on. when i went to bed last night the battery indicator said i had 32% life left. dont remember how many hours that was. in comparison i would have had to put my phone on my portable battery charger some time during the day just one time with all that phone use. so i dont know if its maybe my phone battery getting better the more i use it. but it is a coincidence that this is now happening after i recieved those updates.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been worse this week than last week. I haven't changed the screen brightness, usage, or the number of apps running background tasks (3; CNN, IMDB, and WeatherLive). It particularly seems to drain an inordinate amount of battery overnight, when it should be less. I am wondering if any one of those 3 apps is doing something overnight.

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I love how we can't even get patch notes for critical system updates. I feel my entire win phone experience is one step forward but a leap backwards...

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I curious about did you let your batter died and then a full charge to get this excellent battery life?
Yes and no. My battery life first day was actually somewhat decent. The next 2 it was **** (less than 6 hours off a charge). I turned off Drive and removed the Crackle app, then let the phone do an entire full drain followed by a full (12 hour) charge. During the charge it actually got stuck at 27% for 2 hours. Anyways after that, it was nice, I could get a day, day and a half. Over the next 2 weeks it seems to have grown slowly better and better.

Have to be careful as **** with apps. I think it's mostly ones that haven't been updated for Win 8, but I've found a couple that will just munch my battery. Civilisation Revolution will destroy the battery if you don't make sure to exit it properly. Also I had an app to track gas mileage that would kill battery life too, I forget the name.

If you're having really bad battery life after a week or two and doing the drain, I would start uninstalling apps one at a time until it gets better. Then you've probably found your culprit.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery is improving nicely, and was not too bad to start with. I have downsized the live tiles so they don't keep changing, got real sick of seeing it. Also, don a few 0% - 100% charges. Got 1 day 18hrs out of it recently

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss