zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I want to get NFC tags, and put some around the house and in my car. But the things I want to do with them (turn bluethooth on, wifi on, silent/vibrate etc) isn't possible with WP8 right? As in just to turn these options on/off without doing anything else

Jugo Chavez

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are a bunch of nfc tags (sticker, key fob, etc) on ebay and amazon.
I really want to get some blank ones and print some custom stickers from somewhere like StickerRobot.com and post them up around town.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
But evidently we can't lock the tags. So anyone can reprogram them. I'm wanting to try out some of the same things as you guys, but until I can lock my tags I'm waiting.
-joe-

Joao Rostli

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
- Buy NDEF formatted tags. Windows 8 phones don't support unformatted nfc tags. (Or format the tags with an android phone)
- Tectiles (mifare classic) supported, but same thing, must be formatted already.
- "we can't lock the tags" An app like SmartTag (for android) can be useful. The smartTag app doesn’t write anything to the tag, it just associates a set of commands with the found ID/URL. Lets hope some nfc apps will appear soon in the windows app store.
Much more info on this page.

Joao Rostli

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
1 It's for android
2 Folow link in my other post and go to smartTag section for the howto.
"The smartTag app doesn’t write anything to the tag, it just associates a set of commands with the found ID/URL" If your partner has another nfc enabled android device, he/she can use the same tag for other commands on the other phone.
You need to install Sony SmartTag app, Smart Connect (or LiveWare) manager app and a special nfc tag writer app. All free from Google play store.
Write the ID from original Sony smartTags on your own tags.
Sorry, I can't confirm if it's without problems for the Tectiles. SmartTags are Mifare UL, Tectiles are Mifare classic. I have no feedback about this. Buying UL type is more save.

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
i was planning to leave them on my desk... i do customer service... and when i'm away.. people / friends, could use their phone to tag a tag.. and get a message from me... or stuff like having tags on keychaings... so whats your contact? boom v card on nfc keychain... just a bunch of ideas....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05