how to check if the phone is unlock without using a new sim

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
* Rant Alert *

See that's so not fair, he gets a message that basically says " Hey bro congrats your phone is unlocked, you're a bada**" and we get nothing... couldn't they just put a message that says like "Sorry phone is locked, sucks to be you" ANYTHING!! I'm gonna try my luck with unlock.canadagsm.ca

They didn't work for me...mine is a 45/12.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
1) OTA come by Phone's Product Code. So even if you flash rom from EE to O2 or german T-mobile or polish Plus GSM or italian Country Version after OTA update your software will be again from EE

Will the EE OTAs be delayed....would it be better to buy an locked from Clove/Expansys

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Stop fooling around the correct code is ##7820#

Nope, wrong. It's ##782#, ... at least on an AT&T Samsung Focus (original). Did the code on my Focus which was unlocked a couple of weeks ago with an AT&T supplied code and it returned the message, "Unlocked. Your device is already unlocked.". Got this message with either AT&T or non-AT&T SIM card.

BTW, in the USA, if you need a non-AT&T SIM card to put into an AT&T phone to unlock it and don't have any friends with one, go to Walmart.com and order a Net10 starter SIM card (T-Mobile compatible version). Cost only $4.99 plus tax.

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked means you can put any network SIM in...if you want to bypass the carrier for updates, you need to flash the phone with the generic ROM (Country Variant in the case of Lumias for example), and change the phone's special code. I did this with an E72 a while ago and had to change its code in order for it to receive the non-carrier specific firmware.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked means you can put any network SIM in...if you want to bypass the carrier for updates, you need to flash the phone with the generic ROM (Country Variant in the case of Lumias for example), and change the phone's special code. I did this with an E72 a while ago and had to change its code in order for it to receive the non-carrier specific firmware.

In this case the flashing would take care of the code (if by code you mean rom variant rm-xxx)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It was a 6 or 8 character code made up of numbers and letters and could be found on a label inside the battery compartment. If you have ever used navi firm it will make sense.

Last edited:

sutty1986

May 30, 2014
Visit site
i bought mine last week and its unlocked
i live in the uk bought the phone from tesco and it now has a 3 sim card in it also tried vodafone which worked

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh now I understanding what you're saying, it's called Product Code

I remember having to change that first in a different program (name of which escapes me), before it would let me flash the ROM I wanted to use. It just didn't show up in the list of available ROMs until you changed the product code to match the source ROM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo