A true hidden gem regarding the 920 (or Nokia if its available on other models)

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia music. So many genre's, mixes, flavors and tastes and they all can be downloaded for offline play. I finally just out of random started messing with it, and wow! You can livetile them and update offline mixes for your convenience too.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how much of a hidden gem it is. Nokia talks about it quite a bit. Its all over their Facebook and their website. But I agree, its really good.

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You are only allowed to download four mixes for offline playback and are limited to skipping tracks six times per hour. Each mix should contain aprox 50 tracks however so you will get a good amount of music.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Unless I was doing something wrong, I wasnt impressed with the selection. I chose a band of a type of music I liked, and they created a playlist. The first several songs and then some didnt even feature the artist I liked. Often it wasnt exactly the same type of music either. Similar genre, but not the same.

Pandora did this too when I used them a long time ago. But they atleast got the genre right, even if they didnt play a lot from the band I started with.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It may be behind Pandora, but it's free and offers offline music without ads. Can't beat that for the price of free.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY liked this and was impressed. I think I was mostly impressed because I expected nothing and got something good. I understand that Nokia hypes it, but a lot of companies hype their stuff, rarely are the 'no strings freebies' actually good.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Nokia music is an awesome gem, the only reason I would consider it hidden it is only available on Lumia devices.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i agree, it's pretty cool.

i've only used it once so far and i think you can skip songs as much as you like as well. again, i didn't use it much but i skipped through like 5-8 songs without a problem.

with pandora, you're only able to skip through maximum of 4 songs i think.

Last edited:

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Its a nice feature, started out really really liking it, but have found the mixes it auto-creates are not nearly as good as pandora creates. Pandora knows me, nokia music doesnt.. yet.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Unless I missed it you can’t like or unlike songs like you do in Pandora. How will it get to know my music preference over time? I get the impression that it simply gives you a set of predefined selections per genres.

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Unless I missed it you can’t like or unlike songs like you do in Pandora. How will it get to know my music preference over time? I get the impression that it simply gives you a set of predefined selections per genres.

That is what it does. No, it doesn't learn your taste like I wish. Maybe one day. Nice for free and really cant complain, but Im a much bigger fan of pandora at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb