12-19-2012 08:43 AM
57 123
tools
    I know, right?

Next we'll be seeing people writing angry emails to Stephen Elop about this and returning their phones 5 times over it.
    And actually, its not even a "lag" in the notification. The phone continues it's charging cycle when taken off the wireless pad for oh... about 10 seconds. Once that ends (they battery glyph changes from charging to level of charge) the notification chimes in. So... it's operating as expected.
    11-30-2012 10:34 PM
    How did you remove it?
    I would like to know this too!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    12-01-2012 02:32 AM
    Yes, it's a new sound! I didn't know what it was, I thought it was something else wrong with my phone! I'm on my 2nd one in as many weeks.
    12-01-2012 02:34 AM
    So you are saying that 10 seconds is not a problem ? I unplug my phone and leave the apartment and while i'm walking on the hallway the phone makes the notification sound ! How come that's not an issue ?!
    12-01-2012 11:33 AM
    How do we kill this? This is the only noise my phone makes and it drives me nuts
    12-01-2012 06:19 PM
    I'm not crazy! I knew it!
    12-01-2012 10:45 PM
    This is where release notes would be awesome.
    12-01-2012 11:04 PM
    So you are saying that 10 seconds is not a problem ? I unplug my phone and leave the apartment and while i'm walking on the hallway the phone makes the notification sound ! How come that's not an issue ?!
    Dude, get a life. When taken off the wireless charger, the phone is still in some kind of power cycle (you can see that it still shows charging). Immediately after that ends, you hear the sound. When taken off the charging cable, it ends immediately and you hear the sound. Either way, it's a unique sound to the charging, so you'll no what it is. Jeez man...
    12-01-2012 11:31 PM
    Actually it's one of the two sounds the phone makes even when on silent. Taking a screenshot (power plus home) makes a loud 'shutter' sound. . So far one in three don't mind these sounds. I'm not one of those.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...te-ok-not.html
    12-01-2012 11:42 PM
    You said it takes about ten seconds for the notification to " chimes in "and now you are saying immediately ! Stay on your word so people can argue properly with you. Plus, you should relax your self i was just arguing the ten seconds issue with you, you don't have to take it personally and talk like that.
    12-01-2012 11:52 PM
    You said it takes about ten seconds for the notification to " chimes in "and now you are saying immediately ! Stay on your word so people can argue properly with you. Plus, you should relax your self i was just arguing the ten seconds issue with you, you don't have to take it personally and talk like that.
    Ammar, I'm guessing English is not your first language. So I apologize if you have misunderstood. Go back and read my posts. When on the charging pad, it takes approximately (I haven't timed it) 10 seconds to get off the charging cycle once taken off. When plugged directly in to the charging cable, it goes off immediately. Either way, when taken off the charging pad or the charging cable, the sound is unique to the charging process, so just ignore it and move on with your day.
    12-02-2012 12:37 AM
    I have to say this is an extremely.annoying " update" and should be optional. I use my charge pad at work and pick my phone up regularly ( hence the desire for.the charge pad in the first place).

But now it makes.this stupid sound every time.which is not good in an office environment! The only way to turn it off is to turn the volume down to zero which is not appropriate to me as I regularly listen to music through the phone or need to switch it off of silent depending on what I am doing.

I have " tweeted" Nokia support and am awaiting a further reply
    Goldy73 likes this.
    12-02-2012 12:49 AM
    This is one of the most stupid sounds I've seen on a Nokia, why would I want to know it's stopped charging ? I'd know that would happen because I'm picking up\unplugging my phone, I don't need a reminder that I can't switch off. I do hope this gets sorted out very soon..
    12-02-2012 05:30 AM
    Not a big fan of this new sound either. I don't particularly mind it playing a sound as I unplug it but they could've picked a better sound! That one is awful! There is also quite a time lag after taking it off the wireless plate, but I guess that's been explained above. Still, this is a pretty minor issue...the phone's still great!
    12-02-2012 06:33 AM
    Wow. Really bro? This is that upsetting to you?
    12-02-2012 09:23 AM
    This is one of the most stupid sounds I've seen on a Nokia, why would I want to know it's stopped charging ? I'd know that would happen because I'm picking up\unplugging my phone, I don't need a reminder that I can't switch off. I do hope this gets sorted out very soon..
    Email Stephen Elop immediately and demand a new phone that doesn't make the sound.
    12-02-2012 09:23 AM
    the delay in the sound from taking it off the wireless charger is the time the wireless charging technology inside the phone takes to register a disconnect from the charging plate. so the sound doesnt go off til seconds after you've picked it up from the wireless plate. this makes sense and is intended.
    12-02-2012 09:45 AM
    OMG, I noticed the same thing the past two days, and I gotta say I really don't like the new sound ... it sounds more like an error-type tone. Unplugging is NOT an error, lol.

But seriously, I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me going nuts.

BTW, going to Settings and unchecking the "Other Notifications" would shut it up (as well as some of the other random sounds).
    12-02-2012 10:35 AM
    by the way can anybody tell how should i know that the phone is full ?
    12-02-2012 10:54 AM
    When the battery indicator, top right, is full. To see the absolute % level, go to settings -> battery saver. There's no full audio queue.
    dabdoub81 likes this.
    12-02-2012 12:52 PM
    Actually it's one of the two sounds the phone makes even when on silent. Taking a screenshot (power plus home) makes a loud 'shutter' sound. . So far one in three don't mind these sounds. I'm not one of those.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...te-ok-not.html
    You can get rid of the screenshot shutter sound (and all shutter sounds) by going to system-ringtones and sound-uncheck camera shutter at the bottom of the screen
    12-02-2012 01:20 PM
    I noticed it as well. It took a few seconds to question myself if I've been hearing it the whole time and just never noticed or if it was new, before coming to the assumption that something must have happened causing it to trigger cause there was no way I never noticed that before. I just didn't know *what* caused the change until reading this.

I think it is cool. I like something that makes my devices original compared to others. I also changed the Voice on the phone to English (UK) because having a female british voice vs a normal US female voice when using voice command and the sort is just something cool compared to sounding like everyone else. Kind of gives it a female jarvis kind of feel.

Also, the lag.....ya it doesn't bother me a bit either.
    12-02-2012 01:30 PM
    I also changed the Voice on the phone to English (UK) because having a female british voice vs a normal US female voice when using voice command and the sort is just something cool compared to sounding like everyone else. Kind of gives it a female jarvis kind of feel.
    OMG... ha! I guess I derped out on this until reading your post, but I just assumed that I could only make the Nokia Drive voice british... I guess I just though there was no way to change the phone voice - until your post! New language installing right now... thank you! I have a whole new way to fall in love with my phone now :P
    12-02-2012 02:06 PM
    I noticed it to, made the correlation it was after the last plus update
    12-02-2012 02:15 PM
    It is an odd feature - im not sure what the benefit is other then making sure the phone stays connected I guess?
    My guess is that this was implemented specifically for the wireless charger. It gives you notification when it's charging, but if it gets bumped slightly, or loses connection somehow, you are none the wiser until the phone dies on you later in the day.
    12-02-2012 02:27 PM
57 123