New Sound ?!

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
It is an odd feature - im not sure what the benefit is other then making sure the phone stays connected I guess?
I am thinking that's the reason. Works out well for me, since the receptacle is in a bad spot and I have loosened the plug a few times and didn't know until it was time to take it off.

So, I like it. :)
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, I suspect it's there more for people using wireless chargers than those using microUSB, but yeah, I think it's to notify you if you bump the phone and knock it off the charger or something like that.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I know, right?

Next we'll be seeing people writing angry emails to Stephen Elop about this and returning their phones 5 times over it.

And actually, its not even a "lag" in the notification. The phone continues it's charging cycle when taken off the wireless pad for oh... about 10 seconds. Once that ends (they battery glyph changes from charging to level of charge) the notification chimes in. So... it's operating as expected.

CatGuyTX

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's a new sound! I didn't know what it was, I thought it was something else wrong with my phone! I'm on my 2nd one in as many weeks.

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So you are saying that 10 seconds is not a problem ? I unplug my phone and leave the apartment and while i'm walking on the hallway the phone makes the notification sound ! How come that's not an issue ?!

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
So you are saying that 10 seconds is not a problem ? I unplug my phone and leave the apartment and while i'm walking on the hallway the phone makes the notification sound ! How come that's not an issue ?!

Dude, get a life. When taken off the wireless charger, the phone is still in some kind of power cycle (you can see that it still shows charging). Immediately after that ends, you hear the sound. When taken off the charging cable, it ends immediately and you hear the sound. Either way, it's a unique sound to the charging, so you'll no what it is. Jeez man...

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You said it takes about ten seconds for the notification to " chimes in "and now you are saying immediately ! Stay on your word so people can argue properly with you. Plus, you should relax your self i was just arguing the ten seconds issue with you, you don't have to take it personally and talk like that.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You said it takes about ten seconds for the notification to " chimes in "and now you are saying immediately ! Stay on your word so people can argue properly with you. Plus, you should relax your self i was just arguing the ten seconds issue with you, you don't have to take it personally and talk like that.

Ammar, I'm guessing English is not your first language. So I apologize if you have misunderstood. Go back and read my posts. When on the charging pad, it takes approximately (I haven't timed it) 10 seconds to get off the charging cycle once taken off. When plugged directly in to the charging cable, it goes off immediately. Either way, when taken off the charging pad or the charging cable, the sound is unique to the charging process, so just ignore it and move on with your day.

Enever

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to say this is an extremely.annoying " update" and should be optional. I use my charge pad at work and pick my phone up regularly ( hence the desire for.the charge pad in the first place).

But now it makes.this stupid sound every time.which is not good in an office environment! The only way to turn it off is to turn the volume down to zero which is not appropriate to me as I regularly listen to music through the phone or need to switch it off of silent depending on what I am doing.

I have " tweeted" Nokia support and am awaiting a further reply

Goldy73

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the most stupid sounds I've seen on a Nokia, why would I want to know it's stopped charging ? I'd know that would happen because I'm picking up\unplugging my phone, I don't need a reminder that I can't switch off. I do hope this gets sorted out very soon..

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not a big fan of this new sound either. I don't particularly mind it playing a sound as I unplug it but they could've picked a better sound! That one is awful! There is also quite a time lag after taking it off the wireless plate, but I guess that's been explained above. Still, this is a pretty minor issue...the phone's still great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss