New Sound ?!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the most stupid sounds I've seen on a Nokia, why would I want to know it's stopped charging ? I'd know that would happen because I'm picking up\unplugging my phone, I don't need a reminder that I can't switch off. I do hope this gets sorted out very soon..

Email Stephen Elop immediately and demand a new phone that doesn't make the sound.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
the delay in the sound from taking it off the wireless charger is the time the wireless charging technology inside the phone takes to register a disconnect from the charging plate. so the sound doesnt go off til seconds after you've picked it up from the wireless plate. this makes sense and is intended.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I noticed the same thing the past two days, and I gotta say I really don't like the new sound ... it sounds more like an error-type tone. Unplugging is NOT an error, lol.

But seriously, I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me going nuts.

BTW, going to Settings and unchecking the "Other Notifications" would shut it up (as well as some of the other random sounds).

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
When the battery indicator, top right, is full. To see the absolute % level, go to settings -> battery saver. There's no full audio queue.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed it as well. It took a few seconds to question myself if I've been hearing it the whole time and just never noticed or if it was new, before coming to the assumption that something must have happened causing it to trigger cause there was no way I never noticed that before. I just didn't know *what* caused the change until reading this.

I think it is cool. I like something that makes my devices original compared to others. I also changed the Voice on the phone to English (UK) because having a female british voice vs a normal US female voice when using voice command and the sort is just something cool compared to sounding like everyone else. Kind of gives it a female jarvis kind of feel.

Also, the lag.....ya it doesn't bother me a bit either.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I also changed the Voice on the phone to English (UK) because having a female british voice vs a normal US female voice when using voice command and the sort is just something cool compared to sounding like everyone else. Kind of gives it a female jarvis kind of feel.
OMG... ha! I guess I derped out on this until reading your post, but I just assumed that I could only make the Nokia Drive voice british... I guess I just though there was no way to change the phone voice - until your post! New language installing right now... thank you! I have a whole new way to fall in love with my phone now :p

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It is an odd feature - im not sure what the benefit is other then making sure the phone stays connected I guess?
My guess is that this was implemented specifically for the wireless charger. It gives you notification when it's charging, but if it gets bumped slightly, or loses connection somehow, you are none the wiser until the phone dies on you later in the day.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
OMG... ha! I guess I derped out on this until reading your post, but I just assumed that I could only make the Nokia Drive voice british... I guess I just though there was no way to change the phone voice - until your post! New language installing right now... thank you! I have a whole new way to fall in love with my phone now :p

:)

laney182

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Why are people so angry about this? I'm happy that we have a company that are releasing updates on an almost daily basis for an awesome phone

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Why are people so angry about this? I'm happy that we have a company that are releasing updates on an almost daily basis for an awesome phone
Exactly. People complain there's no updates, and then they complain there's too many updates.
Just plain strange.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So....has anyone figured out how to disable this? I don't care that they added this feature; I just want to know how to get rid of it.

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of unknown sounds, I had my 920 connected to a bluetooth adapter plugged into my aux jack in my car, and as I'm driving down the road, I kept hearing a "beep." Could not figure out what it was. A few days later, I heard it again. By the third time, I associated it with Nokia Drive, so I checked the settings and found the "Speed Limit: Alert On" setting. Problem fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster