ebay: AT&T Lumia 920 Unlock Code listing

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, please let us know if that site really does work... I might consider selling my international 920 and then just buy an AT&T.

nx009

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
May these team leaders and team managers know the actual date when the exclusivity is lost?
I spoke to some team leaders and team managers in ATT
As per them they said that they dont have access to generate an unlock code or put an unlock code request at the moment because this phone is exclusively on ATT for 6 months.
For this company has paid a premium partnership charges and wont be giving unlock code till the exclusivity is lost.
They stated it was the same for iPhone when it was exclusive to ATT network.
I think this is the most logical explanation a person could give and we need to buy it.

canuck66

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is the second forum on this site where a user has stated that they have unlocked their Lumia 920. When they are asked to confirm that they sucessfully unlocked a Lumia 920 that had been locked to AT&T they go silent and leave the rest of us hanging. If you are going to be a member of WPCentral the least you can do is answer direct questions from other users. Here is what brannicj asked;
"Sam, just to confirm, you have an ATT Lumis 920 and gsmfast has unlocked it for you? Have you confirmed it is unlocked? How long of a turnaround?"

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
ATT does not release codes until after 6 months of the phone's release. I tried to get it when I bought the Focus 2 yrs ago, Lumia 900 a year ago, and now same story with the 920. Gotta wait 6 months.

kaybal1

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
After several attempt and millions of calls, I finally got my unlock code (that works) from AT&T today and it works. HURRRAYYYY.

I posted here several weeks ago that they 1st sent me an unlock code which was wrong. I called them and told them that the code was wrong and they said that was what they got from Nokia.
I then started calling back and all of them said they cannot unlock it until May 2013. After several calls, I got a lady that was so helpful. She said since I already got a code that doesn't work. She'll open a new ticket and write a full detail of description that they should get back to manufacturer as if it was a new code i was looking for and get me a new one.

Today, i got an email from them with the new code which was different for the old one and it WORKS....

Note: This is worth taking note. The attempts of trial to unlock a WP8 Nokia is UNLIMITED. So you will never be permanently locked unto AT&T network..

Below: was the instruction I got from AT&T.

INSTRUCTIONS:
General:
•WP8 SIM unlock code length is 20 digits
•The SIM lock solution will be similar as BB5v3 (Sim Lock 3)
•Lock level 7 is used in WP8
•Unlocking with level 7 unlock code will open all lock levels
•Unlimited amount of unlocking attempts

Unlocking instructions for Using SIM Card not valid for the SIM Lock:
•Switch the phone off
•Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
•Switch the phone on and enter SIM card PIN code if requested
•Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
•Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press “enter”

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After several attempt and millions of calls, I finally got my unlock code (that works) from AT&T today and it works. HURRRAYYYY.

I posted here several weeks ago that they 1st sent me an unlock code which was wrong. I called them and told them that the code was wrong and they said that was what they got from Nokia.
I then started calling back and all of them said they cannot unlock it until May 2013. After several calls, I got a lady that was so helpful. She said since I already got a code that doesn't work. She'll open a new ticket and write a full detail of description that they should get back to manufacturer as if it was a new code i was looking for and get me a new one.

Today, i got an email from them with the new code which was different for the old one and it WORKS....

Note: This is worth taking note. The attempts of trial to unlock a WP8 Nokia is UNLIMITED. So you will never be permanently locked unto AT&T network..

Below: was the instruction I got from AT&T.

INSTRUCTIONS:
General:
•WP8 SIM unlock code length is 20 digits
•The SIM lock solution will be similar as BB5v3 (Sim Lock 3)
•Lock level 7 is used in WP8
•Unlocking with level 7 unlock code will open all lock levels
•Unlimited amount of unlocking attempts

Unlocking instructions for Using SIM Card not valid for the SIM Lock:
•Switch the phone off
•Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
•Switch the phone on and enter SIM card PIN code if requested
•Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
•Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press “enter”

Great info trying that now.

Edit: Tried it and they denied it again, stating my account is a Go Phone Account.

Last edited:

caribouroader

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi...does anyone know if there is any way to manually change the phone frequency setting?... I have an unlocked 920 which did work on my Telus GMS/HSPA+ network. I subsequently removed my SIM and then the next time I inserted it into the phone I received message 'SIM card is missing or invalid'. I know the SIM is good since I have used it on other mobiles.

By the way I was able to get the unlock code emailed to me from AT & T after three calls to them, and explaining to them that since I live in Canada I could not satisfy any of their customer preconditions for unlocking (ie-3 months as their customer & account in good standing)./

Thanks

brannicj

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi...does anyone know if there is any way to manually change the phone frequency setting?... I have an unlocked 920 which did work on my Telus GMS/HSPA+ network. I subsequently removed my SIM and then the next time I inserted it into the phone I received message 'SIM card is missing or invalid'. I know the SIM is good since I have used it on other mobiles.

By the way I was able to get the unlock code emailed to me from AT & T after three calls to them, and explaining to them that since I live in Canada I could not satisfy any of their customer preconditions for unlocking (ie-3 months as their customer & account in good standing)./

Thanks

Hi caribouroader, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I live in Canada too, currently use Telus with my old windows phone and have an ATT Lumia 920 but mine is still locked so no go at the moment (bummer). When you got your phone unlocked, did you have an account with ATT, or did you just call them out of the blue?

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

I have tried it atleast 5 times and they just deny me stating that phone is exclusive and will be unlocked only after May 2013.
Any suggestions as to what did you tell them, to have their mind changed.

caribouroader

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just called them out of the blue but had to make three calls until I found a sympathetic ear ...two days later I received an email with the 20 digit unlock code!

caribouroader

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have tried it atleast 5 times and they just deny me stating that phone is exclusive and will be unlocked only after May 2013.
Any suggestions as to what did you tell them, to have their mind changed.

I was initially told the same thing and did receive an email confirming same...but I called another two times and guess I was lucky enough to speak to someone who was sympathetic...probably helpful that I live Canada and couldn't become an AT & T customer even if I wanted to.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss