Low Res Contact Pictures

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered before. The only other thread I found in search was from WP7. On my black 920, the contact pics (from Facebook) that show up when people call are low res and look terrible. I know the workaround is to replace a contact pic with a high res pic stored on your phone, but that would take a weekend with the amount of people in my contacts. Any suggestions?

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hrm, what do you consider lo res? the size of the image? My contact pics are all synced over from facebook(I never did it on my old iPhone), the images are small, but the resolution looks more than acceptable to me.

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I was about to post the same question. Mine start out high quality quality but for some reason they get resized smaller than the screen size. Its only happening on certain contacts as well? Driving me crazy having this high res screen with low res images. Anyone know found a solution?

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you take a screen shot when somebody is calling you? The poor quality/low res contact pic only happens when its shown during a phone call. This isn't specific to WP8/Lumia 920 because I had the same issue with my Titan. Supposedly, the contact pics that are pulled from FB are reduced to thumbnail size and stretched out for phone calls. Maybe it's something with using Google to import contacts. This isn't a deal breaker, but it would be nice to not have to manually replace pictures.

Drkst 920

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem.... everytime that i sync my contacts from google account the pic get low quality.. so i just me a carpet called contacts i put all my contacts pictures that i want and put it at my phone edit the contacts manually and it,s in HD Resuloution ^^ late i just delete the folder .. :/ but u have to do it manuelly with every new contacts

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have my contacts in Google too. The problem with Google Contacts is that on the server the pics get resized to 96x96px, so on your 1280x768 it will look like crap. But when I link these contacts to their corresponding Facebook account, their caller image is their Facebook profile pic and that one is high res. Is your linking done right? I click the Google Contact and link the Facebook to it. Maybe on your phone it's done the other way around?

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
deuxani, Can you please tell us what you did? My google contacts (no pictures) are all linked with their corresponding Facebook profiles, so the caller image is their FB profile picture. I'm not sure how to switch it the other way around as you mentioned.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You can unlink them by going to the contact, clicking link and then click on one of the photos to unlink them. Then go to the Google Contact and link the Facebook account manually to the Google Contact (making the Google Contact the main contact). If that doesn't show the high res Facebook picture, you can try it the other way around (making the Facebook account the main contact), but this worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss