View Poll Results: What have you done to protect your 920???

Voters
423. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naked (it's a nokia/youtube phone buff videos/phone too pretty)

278 65.72%
  • Only Screen Protector (damn you gorilla glass 2!!!!)

31 7.33%
  • Screen & Back Protector (damn you gorilla glass 2!!!/phone slippery, might damage, extra grip)

24 5.67%
  • Only Back Protector (I believe in gorilla glass 2!!!/phone slippery, might damage, extra grip)

22 5.20%
  • Only Case (I believe in gorilla glass 2!!!/drop protection needed)

35 8.27%
  • Case & Screen Protector (damn you gorilla glass 2!!!/drop protection needed)

33 7.80%
12-18-2012 11:18 AM
132 1234 ...
tools
    While I also am always *very* protective of my devices, and have yet to break/damage one, I still like to put a Zagg shield on the screen - just in case.
    I, also, always keep it in a pocket of its own, to avoid the common key-scratch issues etc. Every little bit that helps resale value when the next big thing that I can't do without comes along ;)

All that being said, I do feel that this phone would be far more robust without it than any others I have ever owned - if I had gone that route.
    12-01-2012 11:30 AM
    life is to short to protect the phone and not to experience the beautiful screen without the protector ruining the vision.
    12-01-2012 11:52 AM
    You should have added an additional vote item. Pocket pouch. I voted "Only Case" but that makes me think of those Otterbox or equivalents that you snap around your phone.
    I would say you're in the the "naked" category. Not much difference between pouch and dedicated pocket =)
    12-01-2012 11:58 AM
    When I get my phone I'm just going to put a screen protector on it.
    12-01-2012 12:08 PM
    I had a screen protector and a case for my previous Android phone, but my red L920 is so sexy, I love it NAKED!!
    12-01-2012 12:27 PM
    Currently naked in a sun glasses cloth pouch in my backpack or pocket... Not really worried about the phone...

I did order a case after a friend of mine grabbed my phone and drooped it! No damage, but still..

I plan to use the case when I am in the elements working/playing... otherwise, It will continue to be used naked 😊
    Last edited by jaimeastin; 12-01-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    12-01-2012 12:47 PM
    Im getting a commuter case. After i thought about it for a while and got a hairline scratch on my screen most likely from some dirt at work or something i decided that 2 years is a long time and something is bound to happen (human error and all). I would rather be able to sell it down the road and apply the money i made to a new phone when my upgrade time comes. The circle of cell phone life.
    12-01-2012 01:02 PM
    Currently only a screen protector...thinking about a micro-fibre pouch of some kind to slip it into to carry around. I really liked the micro-fibre pouch that came with the original Zune 30...something similar just big enough for the 920 would be great.
    12-01-2012 01:07 PM
    Screen protector and pouch
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_224 using Board Express
    12-01-2012 01:27 PM
    I went to a Microsoft holiday store today and asked if they had any screen protectors for the 920. The guy working there said they didn't and then he proceeds to take his Lumia 900 and keys out of his pocket and then starts scratching the screen like crazy for about 10 seconds with a key. Then he says, "why do you want to cover a screen that can't scratch with something that can?". Very convincing evidence for keeping my 920 naked
    12-01-2012 06:42 PM
    I voted "only case," but I'm not sure how much that really applies. My wife and I have the Belkin Surround Case, which is basically a bumper.
    12-01-2012 09:23 PM
    I voted "only case," but I'm not sure how much that really applies. My wife and I have the Belkin Surround Case, which is basically a bumper.
    they have bumper case for the 920 already?
    12-01-2012 10:27 PM
    I initially chose not to protect the screen. They touted it as being very scratch resistant, yet though Ive taken great care of mine, I found two small scratches on the screen. Very disappointing. I will get a screen protector now, but refuse to get a case. The phone is big as is, and im not about to make it any bigger.
    em dot likes this.
    12-01-2012 10:32 PM
    I went to a Microsoft holiday store today and asked if they had any screen protectors for the 920. The guy working there said they didn't and then he proceeds to take his Lumia 900 and keys out of his pocket and then starts scratching the screen like crazy for about 10 seconds with a key. Then he says, "why do you want to cover a screen that can't scratch with something that can?". Very convincing evidence for keeping my 920 naked
    Except that you can key it and fork it yet some how, me and others have gotten scratches in ours. So it can withstand metal keys and forks, but apparently it will get scratched by things we arent aware of easily.
    12-01-2012 10:35 PM
    I initially chose not to protect the screen. They touted it as being very scratch resistant, yet though Ive taken great care of mine, I found two small scratches on the screen. Very disappointing. I will get a screen protector now, but refuse to get a case. The phone is big as is, and im not about to make it any bigger.
    this. Im extra careful with it and its been about a week. I found2 scratches on it, seems the screen isnt as scratch resistant as said. It took 2 years with my iPhone4 to develop a scratch.

For those with a Zagg or InvisibleShield, how is it with the response of the screen and visibilty? might end up getting it done tomorrow.
    12-01-2012 10:42 PM
    I put an Incipio Feather case on it, which adds very, very little bulk. You get a screen protector with it, but so far I'm really loving the feeling of the glass.
    12-01-2012 10:49 PM
    I've rocked mine completely naked since I got it a week and a half ago.
    12-01-2012 10:51 PM
    I'm typically careful with my phones. Its others I have to look out for. So a case and screen protector is a must.
    12-01-2012 10:52 PM
    My 920 is stark naked.
    12-01-2012 10:57 PM
    Mine is naked. I've never liked cases, have always been careful and always have a perfect screen until the day I upgrade... Until now. Damn you oleophobic coating...
    12-01-2012 11:02 PM
    I bought my 920 (cyan/red) last week, and after feeling how the phone grips i decided to get a case, so i bought a speck case that is almost exactly the same red as the phone that people think the case is the phone body, it is fairly slim so it doesn't add much bulk and fits the phone great. and also i got a screen protector (i got the one that is washable and removable) it keeps alot less oils from building up on the screen unlike the naked glass (which attracts oils and smudges like crazy) it actually helps your finger slide on the screen, and it helps me find my touch (navigation) buttons at the bottom of the screen easier because i can never find them with out looking because of all the "dead space" at the bottom of the glass.

Although
    your phone will survive naked, if you don't believe me check this out: Nokia Lumia 920 sent to the edge of space, survives to tell the tale | WMPoweruser
    12-01-2012 11:06 PM
    they have bumper case for the 920 already?
    They do: a nice two-piece affair. The inner layer is some rubberized material and the outer is a hard shell. It's the same sort of combination you'll find on "active" cases to protect from both shock and impact. The screen is completely open, though there is enough of a rise from the bumper that you won't rest the phone on the screen if it's face down. I would say that a small portion of the rear (no more than 5%) is covered. You certainly are able to show off the colour of the device if you're taking or otherwise have it so that the rear is on display.

From what I gather, there are three colour choices (inner/outer): red/black (I have this on my red 920), blue/white ir pink/white (my wife has this on her cyan 920). I bought these in store, but they are also in the AT&T web site. I haven't seen them on the Belkin site, though.
    Last edited by Kebero; 12-02-2012 at 06:27 AM.
    12-01-2012 11:25 PM
    same as me;)
    my 4's screen cracked when i dropped from my jean pocket (maybe 3.5 feet-ish height). I graduated from cases when i bought my sexy RED 920.
    12-02-2012 12:33 AM
    I've got a black Speck back case for my 920, not that it really needs it. This is a beautiful phone and the case follows the form rather well without adding extra girth. Didn't really want to get a case but I love this phone so much I didn't want anything "unfortunate" to happen to it. (I'm new to Nokia phones and had no idea they were this sturdy!)

I too keep it in a dedicated pocket with no keys, coins, etc. I may take the cover off one day but the cover I have doesn't detract from the phones aesthetics (imho)
    12-02-2012 06:24 AM
    They do: a nice two-piece affair. The inner layer is some rubberized material and the outer is a hard shell. It's the same sort of combination you'll find on "active" cases to protect from both shock and impact. The screen is completely open, though there is enough of a rise from the bumper that you won't rest the phone on the screen if it's face down. I would say that a small portion of the rear (no more than 5%) is covered. You certainly are able to show off the colour of the device if you're taking or otherwise have it so that the rear is on display.

From what I gather, there are three colour choices (inner/outer): red/black (I have this on my red 920), blue/white ir pink/white (my wife has this on her cyan 920). I bought these in store, but they are also in the AT&T web site. I haven't seen them on the Belkin site, though.
    I can confirm. I'm running a red rubber/black hard shell on my Matte Black Lumia. It's stunning really. I was surprised how sexy it looked and sp was the AT&T rep.

http://michael-marzan.tumblr.com/search/lumia

Here's mine!
    12-02-2012 06:38 AM
132 1234 ...