A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I dont have the 920 but I have a 900. I bought the gel case because it was thin and would protect the phone and wouldnt add any bulk to it. The one issue I had with it was that it would attract lint (black one) and get inside the case and sort of temporary stained the rear of my phone. Since that Ive not had a case.

The biggest gripe of going nude is that the Lumia 900 seems to be slippery and couple that with me (i seem to have greasy hands) and that could be a poor combination. The other issue is that with black you see the build of grease moreso than other colors. My co-worker got the glossy white Lumia and its even more slippery than mine.

If I were to get a 920 I would go natrual but with the caveat of having to get a color case. I especially like the matte Cyan.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You should have added an additional vote item. Pocket pouch. I voted "Only Case" but that makes me think of those Otterbox or equivalents that you snap around your phone.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
While I do have insurance I've always put a case and screen protector on all my devices. Accidents can still happen as much as anyone tries to be as careful as they can, I just try to avoid anything possibly happening. I have the Speck candyshell white with black grip case and a Xtreme Guard screen protector on the way. Love the look and style of the case on my white 920:)

randokam

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine is naked as well. One of the reasons I bought the 920 is for its superb build quality. I have the matte black version, and couldn't be happier. I love the matte finish because it not only looks nice but it also hides finger smudges.

I just keep it in my pocket with nothing else (I did that with my old iPhone 3gs).

Personally I like the idea of using phones without cases as to be able to appreciate the design of the phone. Putting a case on it is like covering furniture with plastic imo.

Fred Garvin MP

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
While I also am always *very* protective of my devices, and have yet to break/damage one, I still like to put a Zagg shield on the screen - just in case.
I, also, always keep it in a pocket of its own, to avoid the common key-scratch issues etc. Every little bit that helps resale value when the next big thing that I can't do without comes along ;)

All that being said, I do feel that this phone would be far more robust without it than any others I have ever owned - if I had gone that route.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You should have added an additional vote item. Pocket pouch. I voted "Only Case" but that makes me think of those Otterbox or equivalents that you snap around your phone.

I would say you're in the the "naked" category. Not much difference between pouch and dedicated pocket =)

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Currently naked in a sun glasses cloth pouch in my backpack or pocket... Not really worried about the phone...

I did order a case after a friend of mine grabbed my phone and drooped it! No damage, but still..

I plan to use the case when I am in the elements working/playing... otherwise, It will continue to be used naked 😊

Last edited:

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Im getting a commuter case. After i thought about it for a while and got a hairline scratch on my screen most likely from some dirt at work or something i decided that 2 years is a long time and something is bound to happen (human error and all). I would rather be able to sell it down the road and apply the money i made to a new phone when my upgrade time comes. The circle of cell phone life.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Currently only a screen protector...thinking about a micro-fibre pouch of some kind to slip it into to carry around. I really liked the micro-fibre pouch that came with the original Zune 30...something similar just big enough for the 920 would be great.

theomodsim

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Microsoft holiday store today and asked if they had any screen protectors for the 920. The guy working there said they didn't and then he proceeds to take his Lumia 900 and keys out of his pocket and then starts scratching the screen like crazy for about 10 seconds with a key. Then he says, "why do you want to cover a screen that can't scratch with something that can?". Very convincing evidence for keeping my 920 naked :smile:

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I voted "only case," but I'm not sure how much that really applies. My wife and I have the Belkin Surround Case, which is basically a bumper.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I initially chose not to protect the screen. They touted it as being very scratch resistant, yet though Ive taken great care of mine, I found two small scratches on the screen. Very disappointing. I will get a screen protector now, but refuse to get a case. The phone is big as is, and im not about to make it any bigger.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Microsoft holiday store today and asked if they had any screen protectors for the 920. The guy working there said they didn't and then he proceeds to take his Lumia 900 and keys out of his pocket and then starts scratching the screen like crazy for about 10 seconds with a key. Then he says, "why do you want to cover a screen that can't scratch with something that can?". Very convincing evidence for keeping my 920 naked :smile:

Except that you can key it and fork it yet some how, me and others have gotten scratches in ours. So it can withstand metal keys and forks, but apparently it will get scratched by things we arent aware of easily.

em dot

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I initially chose not to protect the screen. They touted it as being very scratch resistant, yet though Ive taken great care of mine, I found two small scratches on the screen. Very disappointing. I will get a screen protector now, but refuse to get a case. The phone is big as is, and im not about to make it any bigger.

this. Im extra careful with it and its been about a week. I found2 scratches on it, seems the screen isnt as scratch resistant as said. It took 2 years with my iPhone4 to develop a scratch.

For those with a Zagg or InvisibleShield, how is it with the response of the screen and visibilty? might end up getting it done tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)