A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I prefer using a phone without a case and I love how the Red 920 looks, but I had recently dropped my lack Lumia 900 and shattered the screen. I don't want that to happen again. I also don't want to worry when my kids are playing a game on it. I would really like to get a clear case for it. I've found the following options, but I'm not sure what is the best to get.

Also, it appears as though the S-Line is sold/made by different companies, do you think they are all the same?
There appears to be different types of TPU cases, one that is more like rubber and one that is harder. What would provide better protection against drops? I'm thinking the rubber style would provide better protection.

Here is what I found.

1. GTMax Clear TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $2.95 (Looks like a harder case)

2. GTMax 5-Pack TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen * (Black / Smoke / Clear / Blue / Red)
- $11.95 (This one is the same as the first one, just has addition colors and seems like a good price)

3. Clear TPU Flex Grip Gel Case + ATOM LED Keychain Light for
Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
- $3.99 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. This one has the cutouts for the buttons but the description makes it sound like the softer/rubbery gel type cases. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose.)

4. Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia
920 (AT&T) - Clear
- $5.95 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose)

5. GTMax Clear S-Shape TPU Case Cover + Clear Screen Protector
for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $3.95 (same as #4?)

6. iTALKonline ProGel WAVE S-Line Tough Grip TPU Case Cover
Skin Protector For Nokia Lumia 920 - Clear Transparent
- $6.63 (same as #4?)

7. Worldshopping Clear S Line Rubber Skin Soft TPU Gel Case
Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory
- $6.99 (same as #4?)

I'm guessing that the cases with cutouts for the buttons are more firm and the cases that go over the buttons are the more rubbery type. Which type would protect it better from a fall? I'm thinking of getting 2,3, and 5. #2 Would provide the harder shells with different colors (including clear), #3 would provide the clear (hopefully) rubbery type cover, and #5 would provide a rubbery type cover with the S-Line design. If #3 is the rubbery type design, it is the only all clear one I could find, otherwise the S-Line design is the only other option.

I ordered #4 and returned it. I don't see the point in a cover that doesn't protude enough to protect the screen, which this cover did not. The other thing is, i think if you have a glossy finish (white, red, yellow) you get these like grease streaks on the back side of the case, and it won't go away. Those two things were deal breakers for me. So if anybody finds a thin clear case that protects the screen and doesn't leave grease/moisture whatever it is marks on the back, please let me know!!

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Surprising that no one's bothered to check this out yet. It's a 2 part snap on case, and the rubber feel is similar to the one you find on the 8X. A bit of a smudge magnet, but it feels great to hold and doesn't add too much thickness to the phone. I'll try to upload pics soon, it really is nice. It's a good substitute until I finally buy a commuter or a Ballistic case.

Black Faceplate Hard Skin Full Cover Phone Case Screen Guard for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Naked. Only way I'd ever have it. I have had a case or 2 in the past, but I almost always end up taking it off for one reason or another. To me the choice is simple:

1. either have a beautiful naked device and protect it dearly. It will get scratched and dinged over time anyway. Sure scratches and dings aren't beautiful, but they are marks personalization and experience.

2. Put an ugly case over your beautiful device so dirt, lint, sand, etc can get in between the phone and case and get it all dirty and potentially scratch it anyway. Not to mention it makes the device even bigger (I don't need an even BIGGER 920!). And now instead of waiting for your phone's beauty to fade over time, you have an ugly case anyway from day one!

KORND4WG93

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying this because I had a wallet case for my iPhone and I got used to only carrying one thing. Actually fits nice. We'll see how it holds up and how it'll work taking calls.

I also put Armorshield on the front screen - easy install but ditched the one for the back.

image.jpg

jusatin

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Going to run it full naked. And a bit off-topic, who the **** created that vote should be ashamed. You make us all look like 12-year olds :)

gav_sw20

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fellow MR2 owner? :) That's the case I got, in black (on a black 920.) I really like the quality of the case and am thinking of picking up another color just to change it up once in a while. I had like 10 cases when I had my iPhone lol

:) yep good spot, had a G-Limited like yourself then bought a GT turbo when I was 25. 10years ago now though!

Yeah I'm pleased with my ROCK case and will be buying a red one to match my yellow one. Good value I think especially with a decent screen protector too. Just a shame they take 2wks to arrive :(

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Initially I went naked. The more I enjoyed the phone I became concerend about scratching it. I ordered a cheap case from Amazon, with the intention of getting a better one once more came out. The case was not great, so I went naked again. I then started reading all the commenents about the glass/film scratching and I got Armor Shield installed.

So that is where I am at now. No case, but Armor Shield installed on the screen only. I feel much better now. Honestly, I really can't tell a difference with the shield on. It still looks great!!

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I prefer using a phone without a case and I love how the Red 920 looks, but I had recently dropped my lack Lumia 900 and shattered the screen. I don't want that to happen again. I also don't want to worry when my kids are playing a game on it. I would really like to get a clear case for it. I've found the following options, but I'm not sure what is the best to get.

Also, it appears as though the S-Line is sold/made by different companies, do you think they are all the same?
There appears to be different types of TPU cases, one that is more like rubber and one that is harder. What would provide better protection against drops? I'm thinking the rubber style would provide better protection.

Here is what I found.

1. GTMax Clear TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $2.95 (Looks like a harder case)

2. GTMax 5-Pack TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen * (Black / Smoke / Clear / Blue / Red)
- $11.95 (This one is the same as the first one, just has addition colors and seems like a good price)

3. Clear TPU Flex Grip Gel Case + ATOM LED Keychain Light for
Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
- $3.99 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. This one has the cutouts for the buttons but the description makes it sound like the softer/rubbery gel type cases. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose.)

4. Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia
920 (AT&T) - Clear
- $5.95 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose)

5. GTMax Clear S-Shape TPU Case Cover + Clear Screen Protector
for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $3.95 (same as #4?)

6. iTALKonline ProGel WAVE S-Line Tough Grip TPU Case Cover
Skin Protector For Nokia Lumia 920 - Clear Transparent
- $6.63 (same as #4?)

7. Worldshopping Clear S Line Rubber Skin Soft TPU Gel Case
Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory
- $6.99 (same as #4?)

I'm guessing that the cases with cutouts for the buttons are more firm and the cases that go over the buttons are the more rubbery type. Which type would protect it better from a fall? I'm thinking of getting 2,3, and 5. #2 Would provide the harder shells with different colors (including clear), #3 would provide the clear (hopefully) rubbery type cover, and #5 would provide a rubbery type cover with the S-Line design. If #3 is the rubbery type design, it is the only all clear one I could find, otherwise the S-Line design is the only other option.

So I ended up buying options 2,3, and 5. 5 showed up in the mail today and it is a pretty nice case! I only wish it was more transparent. It has all the correct cutouts for the mic, speakers, headphone jack, power, etc. The wireless charger still works. It also has a slight lip on the front to protect the screen if it falls face down. Here are a few pics of the case.
WP_20121207_012_cleaned.jpg
WP_20121207_008_cleaned.jpgWP_20121207_009_cleaned.jpgWP_20121207_010_cleaned.jpgWP_20121207_007_cleaned.jpgWP_20121207_011_cleaned.jpg

Last edited:

Sahkolihaa

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Today I now have a purple back/side cover. I did have a purple gel case, but found it didn't look good. The new one I think makes my black Lumia 920 a lot nicer, adds scratch protection and gives me more grip (which is what I wanted the most).

I'm very careful with my phones.

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My job involves working around autos.. Its dirty work at times and the darn phone costs so much to replace that I have to have some kind of protection on it. If I had an office job I wouldn't worry so much. I bought two cases for it so far the Otterbox Defender and the Commuter. I prefer the commuter case as it is much thinner. I had to jump over a small ledge at an area the other night and my phone fell out of my pocket and bounced across the floor. I can't imagine how dinged up the corners or glass may have been without the case. It will eventually happen. Things get dropped. I wouldn't have a $400.00 phone without a case on it. But that's just me.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb