Lumia 920- EDGE only

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi allright this is my first Windows phone

At first when i inserted the micro.sim, i Got no signal at all. Tried my twin sim, it worked, but only With edge. got a New sim, still only EDGE. --the sim support edge, 3g, 4g hdspa etc. I have tried 3G, 4G in the settings
On my Galaxy S3 i had no problems getting hdspa at home

Any ideas?

Another thing:
Is there any Place in the Windows phone appstore, where you can check for updated to the downloaded apps?
And where do i check the Nokia apps Collections, i notice there were some updated not long ago.
Yeah im a noob. dont need to comment on that ;)

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For problem 1, you need help from your carrier to troubleshoot. Not sure how phones in Europe are configured. In US, AT&T do some customization to make this noob proof :)
For Q # 2, if you have updates, when you open Windows store will show it at the bottom of the screen. You can select the apps to update or update all.

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks, had to do that some times, but wierd if i but same sim in another phone, 3g is available, ill check with Telenor(the provider)

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, There is a problem with this, if i choose 2g to e.g. Save battery, and turn back 3G, it does not work until it finds another antenna, if I do this at home where I have normally full 3G coverage, I don't get 3G until I drive/walk a kilometer or so, then it gives full 3G, back home again it's full 3G, can anyone test this, European version.

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try turning airplane mode on and then back off. I'm on AT&T in US and when I am at work, most of the time I can only get Edge network, it will get "stuck" in Edge because I think it stops trying to find the other networks even though go somewhere else. I just flip on airplane mode and then back off and it picks up 4G. I had to do the same thing with my Samsung Focus

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes i tried that as well, I'm now on 3g, but I gets stuck at edge if I reboot, switch between 2g and 3g. Need to move a little distance(1 km) then 3g is back. Just wierd

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The 4g LTE is not completely rolled out everywhere depends on your provider... Also depends on what tower so check your providers website for a map that shows their area of coverage. AT&T has one on their website.. Where I live the towers about a mile away and the signal for 4GLTE is so so in my home but outside its a little bit better but whenever I am near the main roads its always full bars... Also too I heard of people cutting their SIM cards to make them microsims and from what I read their providers require them to upgrade to a new sim all together before they can get 4G LTE not sure why unless there is some hard coding on the sim...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire