Have you dropped your Lumia yet?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I was drunk, totally! - Tequilas floating all round accompanied by vodka etc.

It was freezing last night in London. I walked out of the club and first thing I realised is where is my phone? Shuffle in the pockets, found it. Tried to remove it, cold hands, freezing, drunk - all waiting to attack. Some reason my yellow Lumia 920 ended up from pocket to pavement kissing the lamp post and on the road. All that happened at the speed of light with a loud thud the first time it hit the cold land. My heart stopped, all alcohol evaporated and I ran to pick my baby up only to realise that this ******* was smiling with not a single dent or scratch! Happy days. I knew I was too drunk to realise how badly it is messed up. However, after successful battle with my hang over and lots of drinking and being sober than a gentleman, I must say, my Lumia 920 has survived and has nothing but a dent on bottom right in yellow colour which you can't see, only feel it.

True story.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah dropped mine not even a 3 feet fall straight on its back and shattered my screen like completely shattered. No dents on the body though not a single scratch.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine before I even laid hands on it...

I was pulling the internal box from the outer covers of the packaging.. didn't realize I had the box the wrong way. TBH I'm quite surprised that Nokia managed to design the box like that so that the phone can drop out of there freely without the interior box even being completely out of the outer packaging.

Oh well, the Lumia 920 is still pristine, but I really hate myself for letting that happen, just seconds ago I was like "OK now carefully so I dont accidently drop it before even getting it in use". I generally speaking take really good care of my stuff, especially phone (OCD levels :D), so I would've been so mad at myself had it broken. But as said, luckily no marks of dropping whatsoever. Works perfectly on every level.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine hit the floor the other day L810 moved my hand and snagged the cable. The phone disconnected as it hit the floor from a foot away and landed on a very thin rug over my flooring. Nothing happened to it as it was a soft landing tg.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
3 times so far. Thankfully all were soft landings. No damage or problems. *knock on wood* All 3 times were my own stupid fault for one reason or another.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Twice now. Phone is till flawless.

My brother dropped his and shattered his screen though :'(
Oh well. He purchased ATT insurance.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dropped it twice in the first 4 days. Now I am using a flip-leather case :).
I never dropped a phone before....must be the 920's surface.

dustin337

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dropped mine handing it to a friend. It fell on a smooth cement floor and landed right on the corner, but thankfully the screen didn't crack...
However, it left a bit of a dent in near the sim card slot, and now my sim card slot doesn't sit flush with the case....

Ended up buying a bumper case so it's not noticeable anymore..

Trtle8oy

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The perfect drop...

Dropped mine handing it to a friend. It fell on a smooth cement floor and landed right on the corner, but thankfully the screen didn't crack...
However, it left a bit of a dent in near the sim card slot, and now my sim card slot doesn't sit flush with the case....

Ended up buying a bumper case so it's not noticeable anymore..

Sadly this happened to me on Saturday. It was on the counter and was bumped off. Having dropped it many times I thought nothing of it. I picked it up and noticed the SIM tray corner was crushed in and the tray itself shot out. The corner is dented and the tray wont go in all the way. I think its a matter of time before pocket debris gets in there. I haven't had a case in over a year. Might have to use the insurance and get a new phone :/

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine two days ago. It feel out of my zipper on the wet street. It now has some really ugly dents which you can see immediately (I got the red lumia 920). I wanted to send it to Nokia anyways because of the battery and the yellow buttons - hopefully they will give me a new one then. But I am now looking for a leather case for my Lumia. I always thought that it will never drop and then nothing will happen. But when it happens, believe me, you will be very, very sad.

Anirudh Sarma

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine on the floor from 2 feet high, dented the top right. No damage otherwise. I really need to be careful with my phones. I would have dropped my galaxy s about 20 to 30 times. The paint from the sides have completely faded out.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I see these are mostly glossy ones being dropped right?

Glossy ones seem to have better grip than matte ones and yet we drop glossy ones and not matte so often? :S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos