Just Ordered my Yellow Lumia 920 from Walmart. How long is their shipping delay?

dcrich1223

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you asked ATT, Walmart, or Nokia to entice you to stay with your order? I feel like we should be compensated for this long wait somehow. I'm thinking about asking Walmart for something to keep my order with them instead of ordering through ATT. I'm also thinking about asking Nokia for a headset/headphones/wireless charger by saying that I like the Galaxy Note II too and wouldn't have to wait over a month for it. I suppose I could also tell ATT I was very unsatisfied with the process and how Walmart didn't have inventory and see they could do anything. This order has been a total disaster.

Nitro40

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody getting any updates on this? I have received the same emails as others here telling me I would not get it in time for Christmas...then nothing since. I called Walmart customer support and the lady told me that she knew nothing. Looking at the logs, she said that they put in a request to Nokia on 11/22 for 250 (or maybe 275, I can't remember) yellow 920's. She said that they then sent in a new request that added to that number in December. But has heard nothing back from Nokia, ATT or anyone else. She said the last note she saw on the order was from 1/4, but did not have any details. Is Walmart not bugging Nokia every day or at least each week about these shipments? I know I am bugging Walmart that much.

I cannot believe that someone as big as Walmart and ATT cannot get some type of estimate from Nokia on when they might have some available. This is terrible for us that we cannot have some idea as to when our Yellow 920's might be in. I have two that I am waiting on, that were ordered on Nov 24th.

Don't get me wrong, this is great news for Windows Phone and Nokia that their devices are so in demand, but come on....I want my phones (one for me one for my wife)!!!!

strongwing

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I finally decided to cancel my Walmart order last Saturday and ordered a yellow 920 through AT&T's premier page. The phone was just shipped today! As I checked a few minutes ago, they still have cyan and yellow in stock.

paneerakbari

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a yellow and a cyan from Walmart back on November 26, still now sign of it. I've contacted Walmart customer service: they don't return emails and they know nothing on the phone. Nokia refers me back to the retailer with no information on stock levels.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i'm in the same boat, same phone, yellow, same day, same retailer, same answers. we probably wont get ours until they get done courting new customers, we are already money in the bank as far as they are concerned, and if you cancel it will cost you more.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I ended up cancelling my Walmart order for a Yellow 920 and ordered from AT&T Premier on Monday evening. The phone arrived on Thursday. $99 with a free wireless charger. So far the phone is awesome :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I ended up cancelling my Walmart order for a Yellow 920 and ordered from AT&T Premier on Monday evening. The phone arrived on Thursday. $99 with a free wireless charger. So far the phone is awesome :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Yup, I did a similar thing. We cancelled all but the black phone from WalMart, ordered cyan and yellow from premier, and the red from the standard at&t site--all on Tuesday. After some confusion and frustration (on at&t/WalMart's and my side, respectively), we ended up getting all of them yesterday (well, I have to pick up the red from the post office today).

On top of that, though, WalMart ended up charging me the full price for the black ($289.99 vs $79.99)!! But a quick online chat resolved that. Hopefully.

I have no problem with WalMart, but will never, ever order from WalMart Wireless again. Their cheap prices sure come with high "other" costs...

paneerakbari

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
According to the Walmart rep I just spoke with, the yellow and cyan models are on hold by the manufacturer. Considering my order is now a month and a half old, and that they just launched in India, I don't think Nokia is very thoughtful about their customers, but they do seem to be deliberately pissing them off.

On the bright side, I raised so much **** with Walmart Wireless that they promised to knock $25 off my phone order. They did offer to switch me to the black ones, but that really won't work in one house. Also, I would like to get the thing that I actually ordered.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i just talked to nokia and walmart does not have an open order with nokia for the yellow 920. walmart is full of ****. walmart most likely will not place an order with nokia unless they get a good deal on the phones. i grudgingly switched to the black but it pisses me off still. and by the way walmart can kiss my ass, and At&t is awesome walmart tried to lock me into a 3gig data plan and At&t is giving me my grandfathered unlimited plan, hindsight i should have bought my phone localy even though it would have cost more, i would have my color of choice 2 months earlier. i am going to have the local At&t do the activation to bypass those idiots at walmart.

mvadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ordered two (Yellow/Cyan) on 11/29/12. Got couple of emails postponing delivery, and one final saying we don't know when you will get your phone. Now AT&T store has buy one get one free, but they don't have Yellow, they can't order it either. Premier is full of **** one person says they have it in stock, but can't give the deal, other says can give the deal but yellow not in stock. On Twitter @NokiaCareUS says color availability is up to service provider, AT&T store manager says Nokia stopped producing Yellow one's

paneerakbari

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
NokiaUS's Facebook assures me they are working with AT&T to meet demand but, as I responded to them, after two months of 'overwhelming demand' somebody at Nokia ought to be able to say more than 'we're working on it'. They need to announce a timetable, not necessarily specific dates, but at least give us an idea of when to expect movement.

None of this would be quite so problematic if Nokia weren't pushing ahead with launches in India and expansion of the color options on Rogers. I just don't see what business they have expanding their market when they've not been able to satisfy demand in existing markets.

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been in touch by email with folks at Nokia, and the last I'd heard on Tuesday was to "stay close to Walmart Wireless this week/next few days," as they've been working with AT&T. I have no doubt that they are, and it's certainly a good problem to have if they can't meet demand, but like paneerakbari said, I don't think it's right to release the scarce colors of yellow (and cyan) in India and China, and now on Rogers, while those of us who have been waiting for almost two months are...still waiting.

If I actually get a yellow Lumia 920, I will post pictures, maybe with a newspaper in a machine, to show the date (and prove they actually exist!)

rsud7

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone who ordered during the thanksgiving promotion receive the 100$ walmart egift card? They were supposed to send it on the 18th jan, but speaking with them, the usual yada yada about escalating it to the marketing dept. and only checking back after 14 days! I had swapped out my yellow for a black only with the hope that the order wouldn't be cancelled due to the lack of availability. I did check multiple times that I would still be qualified for the original promo terms...

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone who ordered during the thanksgiving promotion receive the 100$ walmart egift card? They were supposed to send it on the 18th jan, but speaking with them, the usual yada yada about escalating it to the marketing dept. and only checking back after 14 days! I had swapped out my yellow for a black only with the hope that the order wouldn't be cancelled due to the lack of availability. I did check multiple times that I would still be qualified for the original promo terms...

I came here to see about this. No, I haven't gotten mine either.

asbabu

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my $100 eGift cards from walmart today for the order placed on 11/24. I am not sure, if this is related to phone shipment in anyway. or If I should be careful using these gift cards, until I see my phone shipped. I've ordered yellow & cyan and don't want to settle for black in any case.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I am still waiting for my $100 gift card and I didn't do anything strange with my 822 order. It shipped right away and I had it 3 days after I ordered.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I've had my 822 since the end of November and no gift card yet. I did receive an email a few weeks ago saying to be patient and once my account is verified with Verizon, they will send it.

paneerakbari

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Walmart eGift cards from the November promotion. The funny thing about this is that my phones are still on backorder.

I have no qualms whatsoever about converting these to physical gift cards and cancelling my phone order once they've arrived. In fact, you can order physical cards using the eCard as payment, free shipping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05