Just Ordered my Yellow Lumia 920 from Walmart. How long is their shipping delay?

calebcre

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So I finally ordered my 920 (I convinced my wife it was the perfect Christmas gift!:cool:). But when I ordered it, Walmart, as expected, informed me that they are currently out of stock. I'm curious, does anyone here know about how long it may take before Walmart will be shipping my super sweet yellow 920?

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my family's phones (yellow, black, red, and cyan) on Wednesday, and got an email yesterday that said:

"Just a quick note to let you know that we received confirmation from AT&T that your Nokia Lumia 920 is due to arrive in our distribution center Monday, 12/3. Once it lands in our facility, it will be shipped out within the hour. We will send you an email as soon as it is ready to ship."

Only problem is I don't know if it's one phone or all four. I had called earlier, and was assured that they would hold shipment until all phones were ready, but I'm not sure yet...hoping it's all four!!

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my family's phones (yellow, black, red, and cyan) on Wednesday, and got an email yesterday that said:

"Just a quick note to let you know that we received confirmation from AT&T that your Nokia Lumia 920 is due to arrive in our distribution center Monday, 12/3. Once it lands in our facility, it will be shipped out within the hour. We will send you an email as soon as it is ready to ship."

Only problem is I don't know if it's one phone or all four. I had called earlier, and was assured that they would hold shipment until all phones were ready, but I'm not sure yet...hoping it's all four!!

Don't get your hopes up. I'm quite certain that's only for the black 920. I say this because I ordered two yellows and one white from Walmart and I received the same email yesterday (Friday) but saying..."that your Nokia Lumia 920 White is due...". Black is the only one that does not have the color in the name (at least on the Walmart website). I'm still waiting to get an email for the two yellow 920s (hopefully before 2013 :wink:)

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up. I'm quite certain that's only for the black 920. I say this because I ordered two yellows and one white from Walmart and I received the same email yesterday (Friday) but saying..."that your Nokia Lumia 920 White is due...". Black is the only one that does not have the color in the name (at least on the Walmart website). I'm still waiting to get an email for the two yellow 920s (hopefully before 2013 :wink:)

Man, that would bum me out. I'm switching from T-Mobile, and I need to do all four at the same time. Grr. Well, we'll see on Monday, I guess...

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Ordered one in yellow on the 26 th, no news or indication of order status other than the same message they gave me the day after I ordered about the phone being popular and not in stock.

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Man, that would bum me out. I'm switching from T-Mobile, and I need to do all four at the same time. Grr. Well, we'll see on Monday, I guess...

I'm on the same boat. I'm switching from Sprint but the white 920 is for a new third line that I did not have. The two yellows are for existing lines with Sprint, so hopefully ATT will not start the cycle until I get the two yellows.

Last edited:

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I orderd mine on Nov.10 and still have nothing. I did chat with a rep yesterday and they told me that they will receive stock on Monday Dec.3 2012... Lets see how true this is.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

what if you activated the first 920 you get and just add a line as you get the 920's?

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
what if you activated the first 920 you get and just add a line as you get the 920's?

yeah, we may have to that. We're doing the mobile share plan, so it should still work. I'll post back here about the results. Looking forward to WP8, LTE, and being done with T-Mobile.

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I was told the new stock is in on Monday, Dec 3 and mines among them. However, unlike another poster here, I've received no email to that effect. Seeing some people here having orders back from the 10th is starting to piss me off, that kind of delay is nuts. I'm not waiting another week, I'll just throw in the towel and go with an iPhone. Also, if people who ordered back on the 10th still haven't gotten phones...that's not demand, that's poor inventory. Disappointing.

This is good news though: Nokia Lumia 920: Retailers start stocking units, ready to ship more this week | Pop Herald Technology News

Last edited:

Janitor88

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear some of you are supposed to get your phones shipped tomorrow, because I ordered before some of you, so I'm assuming (hoping) mine is among them!

If I don't get a shipping notice tomorrow I'm gonna freak out.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Had a cyan Lumia 920 on order from Walmart since 11/10 and still no word
I ordered a cyan and white at the same time as you did. The white got shipping confirmation a day later. The cyan did not show any updates. I called and found out that the cyan was out of stock. I decided to switch to black. Both phones arrived 2 days later.

three-sixteen

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I ordered a yellow and cyan 920 from Walmart on the 26th.

My repeated attempts to get an answer as to when I might expect my phones to ship has been fruitless. I did get my shipping upgraded to next day, but that isn't really helpful unless the phones will be in stock sometime in the near future.

According to this: Simplexity | Retail Virtual Inventory Program | VIP Program

Our inventory solutions ensure your customers never hear the words “We are out of stock”.

Must just mean they will continue to sell the phone regardless of its inventory status.

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Spoke with Walmart today because I was told new inventory was coming in and mine was among them.

Nothing. They have no clue and they always refused to upgrade my shipping to next day as a courtesy because "it's not their fault". I'll give them 2 more days and then I'm canceling and ordering an iPhone directly from AT&T, I can't wait for a phone any longer. Oh well.

markydore

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a cyan lumia on 11/11. They still don't have it in stock. Now, last Friday I asked them, and they said that they'll get stock on today 12/3, and they still don't have it.

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
From another thread I've seen some people getting their yellow 920s. Any of you have been lucky enough? Hopefully I'll get some news by next week considering I ordered on Nov. 24th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)