Potentially second batch?

jamesk12

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a replacement 920 in the 14 day period; mine was getting too scratched up. This one took a week between order date and to ship. It shipped from a different location using a different carrier. And there are some differences between the two:

- The sim tray is a different size. It's slightly larger, and will not fit into the original one's. The sim tray is also all cyan polycarbonate. On my original, it was part cyan and had a small black piece made of black polycarbonate.
-The vibration motor is much better; I didn't have a problem with the "rattly" sound of the original, and thought it was just the design, but now I know it's not.
-The phone seems to heat up a bit quicker, and loses charge a bit faster. I'm hoping this is because my battery isn't worn in yet.
-On the box's printed serial, original is: 96026W0 V1.0 81-1 and the new one is 96026W0 V1.0 81-2

So maybe this is a second batch?

dudedud

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You know you aren't supposed to drain a Li-ion battery completely, it is bad the for battery. The whole discharge before recharging applies to Nimh batteries only...
But this is good to know, I might try to get my phone exchanged for another one since i have the rattling motor, easily scratched screen, and the touch panel is lifting up on the right side.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just exchanged my phone, and the only info it really has on it is 47/2012.

I noticed that the silver plate on the back with the Nokia logo on it has been lifted a bit. The lens window is still the same level though. I guess its to prevent scratches on the lens itself.

Also the buttons still have that yellowish tint to them.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You know you aren't supposed to drain a Li-ion battery completely, it is bad the for battery. The whole discharge before recharging applies to Nimh batteries only...
But this is good to know, I might try to get my phone exchanged for another one since i have the rattling motor, easily scratched screen, and the touch panel is lifting up on the right side.

phones dont completely drain a battery anymore. when they turn off they do before the battery completely drains to protect it. so letting the phone turn off due to your battery being drained is ok. and doing this seems to set your battery life. there's alot of posts on here about ppl letting their battery drain then doing a full charge and gettin better battery life as a result.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. Given that mine has a couple scratches that I have no idea how they happened, and Im very disappointed with the battery life, I figure Ill use my insurance in a month or so if they arent willing to just replace mine. Ill crack the screen on purpose if I have to.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a replacement 920 in the 14 day period; mine was getting too scratched up. This one took a week between order date and to ship. It shipped from a different location using a different carrier. And there are some differences between the two:

- The sim tray is a different size. It's slightly larger, and will not fit into the original one's. The sim tray is also all cyan polycarbonate. On my original, it was part cyan and had a small black piece made of black polycarbonate.
-The vibration motor is much better; I didn't have a problem with the "rattly" sound of the original, and thought it was just the design, but now I know it's not.
-The phone seems to heat up a bit quicker, and loses charge a bit faster. I'm hoping this is because my battery isn't worn in yet.
-On the box's printed serial, original is: 96026W0 V1.0 81-1 and the new one is 96026W0 V1.0 81-2

My box has the same serial number as your second one. However, my sim tray is white with a small piece of black.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I sure hope so, I'm getting my replacement in couple days.

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting.

I ordered my phone on launch day and I had an 81-2 delivered. This may explain why I have had a rock solid phone this past month while reading about all these issues.

Sidenote, I wonder if they are manufacturing in two locations. There was video clip of Hispanic workers on another poster's phone, but my phone was made in China.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss