12-05-2012 02:51 PM
79 1234
tools
    As a home owner, my next home improvement project is to outfit my home with wireless chargers. No, not by plugging them in various outlets. But by actually incorporating them into my furniture, kitchen counters, etc... Make them invisible yet provide some subtle hints that they're there.
    Ha! That's awesome. It will be interesting to know how that goes. Keep us informed. I'm in the very, very early stages of looking to build a new home and I want to totally geek the thing out. Just started to look at home automation stuff, but I never thought about wireless charging stuff. That would rule.
    12-03-2012 11:04 AM
    Remember these a few years back http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/9879...tm?sort=rating ? I never tried one, but a relative was trying to give me one as a gift a few years back.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    12-03-2012 11:16 AM
    There should be commercials showing people putting the phone on their charging pad before going to bed, etc. It's a GREAT feature and really does impact your life more that you would think. So often my stupid wire would end up behind my bed and I would end up fishing around for it before I could plug it in. Now it is so easy to put it down, take it off to check something, etc.
    12-03-2012 11:27 AM
    I like it a lot, if it were more affordable, I would have one at work and at several places in my house. It sounds like a small convenience, but I really like not having to fiddle with the cable, and instead, I can just set and forget. Also, the power draw is negligible. Another poster on here had tested it, and his device read a draw of 0. Which is probably not the case, but is so low that the device either cannot distinguish the precise amount of draw. Basically, when rounded, the draw is 0 amps.
    12-03-2012 01:12 PM
    One of my cats loves to chew through any cables with small ends. She bats them around and then "attacks" and can chew off the tips. (Same for in-ear headphones too, which now all must be carefully stowed away when not in use.) I really appreciate having one less charging cable around that I have to worry about keeping cat-safe!
    12-03-2012 01:50 PM
    I agree. it's just too easy to drop the phone on the pad at night and wake up to a full battery.
    12-03-2012 02:58 PM
    Will it work With covers?
    Works with my cover -- the name of which I've forgotten.
    12-03-2012 03:10 PM
    I have a Touchstone on my desk an in my car. Nothing like being able to get into the car and just plop my phone down on the charger, where it's held magnetically, and let it charge. When I switch to WP8 in March, or earlier if I can get VZW to do it, having the ability to wirelessly charge is going to be one of the draws for me. I'd really like to see someone attempt to swap out the wireless components from a Touchstone back and a Nokia back to see if it will work on a Touchstone. The magnetic gripping is definitely a great thing to have. There have been quite a few people who have modified their Android phone backs to do this with success.

Wireless charging is just so much better than having to plug a cord. Plus it saves wear and tear on the phone's USB connector.
    I am with you, and I really can't see going to a device I have to plug in when I stop using webOS as my daily. If I have to give up my physical KB, I am hoping to keep my inductive charging.
    12-03-2012 03:49 PM
    This charging pad is awesome! I love being able to just set it down and charge! No more fooling with the wall charger. And like others have said, less wear on the connector. Works great with my case too.
    12-03-2012 04:23 PM
    Love it
    12-03-2012 05:06 PM
    Wireless charging is far from a gimmick, heck, i plan to build a pad into my trucks center console, check my thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...r-console.html i cant wait to get my charging pad in the mail.

can someone tell me if the pads use 12V DC?
    thanks!
    12-03-2012 06:04 PM
    True :(
    Actually funny thing is, I just saw this on dsl reports this morning:

Ready for ANOTHER patent war? Apple 'invents' wireless charging ? The Register?
    12-03-2012 08:17 PM
    I want to stack on here. Just got my charging pad today. It was free and I am glad because I am too cheap to drop $49 on it and I would never have known how awesome it was.
    12-03-2012 08:50 PM
    Love mine, I got the free one and my stand charger just came in.
    12-03-2012 08:59 PM
    Actually funny thing is, I just saw this on dsl reports this morning:

Ready for ANOTHER patent war? Apple 'invents' wireless charging ? The Register?
    I think that's creepy. Wireless charging should be kept to contact on a surface. Who knows what kinds of effects that stuff has on your body if you're around it. I know we're talking about cell phones here and the ill effects of cell signals in general but adding to that seems...immoral.
    12-03-2012 09:21 PM
    I love this wireless charger! Now if it only used a USB connection it would be perfect to put on my Harley in my AquaBox where I put the phone when I ride. A lot easier than plugging and unplugging all the time. Do they make any QI chargers that will work off USB or is that just a pipe dream for now?
    12-03-2012 11:20 PM
    i have to say that i was doubtful, at first, that the wireless charging was more than a gimmick... how wrong i was! now that i have gotten used to it, charging anything via a cable has become exponentially more onerous. love it!
    12-04-2012 10:35 AM
    I have an Otterbox on my 920, and the Nokia charging plate works great with the cover on.
    12-04-2012 11:32 AM
    I love this wireless charger! Now if it only used a USB connection it would be perfect to put on my Harley in my AquaBox where I put the phone when I ride. A lot easier than plugging and unplugging all the time. Do they make any QI chargers that will work off USB or is that just a pipe dream for now?
    I can't speak to QI, but the Palm Touchstone will work with quick charge compliant USB drives, you can also modify the USB cable to spoof a quick charge compliant connection and get the Touchstone puck to work. The other option is SOME USB cigarette lighter/12v adapters will work with the Touchstone. This includes the Palm USB adapter, and the 2 in 1 VZW adapter (with the VZW adapter, only the attached cable is compliant the extra USB plug is not).

I'm looking for amperage requirements for both the Nokia and LG charging mats, haven't found anything yet...
    12-04-2012 11:40 AM
    I received my charging plate tonight. Man, I'm in love. How nice is it to just place your device down on the table to charge? 😁 Such a simple thing that makes me love this device even more.
    12-04-2012 09:47 PM
    So do they have these "live" at Coffee Bean yet?
    12-04-2012 09:51 PM
    So do they have these "live" at Coffee Bean yet?
    will check that out tomorrow or thurs. hope so...
    12-04-2012 09:52 PM
    I just bought today the Wireless Charging Stand and it is awesome and in comparison with the regular one to me it charges faster.

Nokia Black Wireless Charging Stand accessories from AT&T
    12-04-2012 09:59 PM
    So I have to buy this separately I guess. I bought my Lumia yesterday at the Microsoft Store in San Diego, it totally slipped my mind to ask about the charging pad.
    12-04-2012 10:06 PM
    Yes, my phone with a cover, works great.
    Will it work With covers?
    12-04-2012 11:40 PM
79 1234