Charging pad,not just a gimmick.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I want to stack on here. Just got my charging pad today. It was free and I am glad because I am too cheap to drop $49 on it and I would never have known how awesome it was.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Gadgetman110

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I love this wireless charger! Now if it only used a USB connection it would be perfect to put on my Harley in my AquaBox where I put the phone when I ride. A lot easier than plugging and unplugging all the time. Do they make any QI chargers that will work off USB or is that just a pipe dream for now?

YSDesign

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have to say that i was doubtful, at first, that the wireless charging was more than a gimmick... how wrong i was! now that i have gotten used to it, charging anything via a cable has become exponentially more onerous. love it!

OldSkoolVWLover

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I love this wireless charger! Now if it only used a USB connection it would be perfect to put on my Harley in my AquaBox where I put the phone when I ride. A lot easier than plugging and unplugging all the time. Do they make any QI chargers that will work off USB or is that just a pipe dream for now?

I can't speak to QI, but the Palm Touchstone will work with quick charge compliant USB drives, you can also modify the USB cable to spoof a quick charge compliant connection and get the Touchstone puck to work. The other option is SOME USB cigarette lighter/12v adapters will work with the Touchstone. This includes the Palm USB adapter, and the 2 in 1 VZW adapter (with the VZW adapter, only the attached cable is compliant the extra USB plug is not).

I'm looking for amperage requirements for both the Nokia and LG charging mats, haven't found anything yet...

americasteam

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I received my charging plate tonight. Man, I'm in love. How nice is it to just place your device down on the table to charge? 😁 Such a simple thing that makes me love this device even more.

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have to buy this separately I guess. I bought my Lumia yesterday at the Microsoft Store in San Diego, it totally slipped my mind to ask about the charging pad.

inocane

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It's so gimmick that on Amazon on release day of DT-910 it became straight "Temporarily out of stock." - so many pre-orders??
Still waiting for mine, for now using DT-900
Qi is one of that little thing that when You start using it it makes a little difference, but You cannot imagine come back to and not using it....

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd share... I can put TWO entire legal pads of paper, cardboard backing and all.. in between my charger and my phone, and it STILL charges.

Neat-O

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd share... I can put TWO entire legal pads of paper, cardboard backing and all.. in between my charger and my phone, and it STILL charges.

Neat-O
some people have already started installing the pads under and in desks. It may diminish the strength of the charging but it still works. I'm planning to do the same

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans