Call Quality Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannes Dobbelaere

May 28, 2013
Visit site
In short, ive had the experience getting from bad to worse to better.

I think the tiny holes for the noise cancellation AND for the voice are to prone to filling up with dust or 'human skin'

sliding a few times over the holes fills them up quite easily and could be the culprit for a lot of these issues.

I will get back on this when i have cleaned both the top and bottom holes from Lumia 920

Wannes Dobbelaere

May 28, 2013
Visit site
small update, first testings seem to have improved the quality :) i will let you know if more problems appear (and check the holes again at that point)

do mind i pushed the dirt and stuff from the inside to the outside, not to push the dirt into the phone.

Do mind this means opening up your phone and might damage your warranty and/or your phone.

Joeboy22

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone

I bought my 920 from EE in London and took it back to the store. They sent it to their repair centre. They sent it back after updating the firmware and changing a few things. It come back with exactly the same fault. I have now just sent it back to Nokia. Hopefully they will fix or replace it.

I have tried everything to resolve it myself. By the sound of things the only way around it would be to use an external mic/ headphone thingy (sorry not technical). Can anyone recommend a good one to get around this fault if they dont fix it ? Do Nokia do one for this phone ?

Joe

Joeboy22

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have just received my phone back from Nokia

IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE

I put a detailed letter in with the phone to explain the fault. This has obviously been ignored. I rang a Nokia care point in East London and the guy agreed that the call quality was terrible..in fact funnily the first thing he said to me was..'pardon?'. He said to ring the Nokia team up and get them to change the phone..I did. They wanted me to send it to them AGAIN !! After arguing with them they are going to get a supervisor to call me back within 4 WORKING DAYS !!!

DON'T BUY A NOKIA THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited:

Joeboy22

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone, me again. Here's the latest instalment.

I sent my phone off again. It came back today with exactly the same fault. In sheer desperation I decided to change the SIM (something I have tried before with no luck). So I popped
the micro SIM out and put a new orange SIM in. Now...it says 'NO SIM' and I cannot get the phone to recognise any SIM. I am now waiting for a manager to call me back
again. I have also taken advice from someone on the Nokia forum and sent an e-mail to the CEO of Nokia.

Joeboy22

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I sent the phone back to Nokia for the 3rd time yesterday. This time it went to escalation/head office (whatever they're called). I had a lady call me to confirm they had received the phone and would be doing a test call using the phone. 3 hours later she call me back to say her colleague said she ounded like she was 'down a hole' !!

So they have told me they will be sending me a new phone and I should receive it Monday.

Is anyone reading this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos