App Availability / Regions

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

For a couple of days now, I can not access any Nokia Branded apps (like Nokia Maps) on the marketplace. They are just not there, and the "Nokia exclusive" collection is plain empty. I found out that if I change my region to US or UK in settings, all apps are back there in the store. Also, I receive updates to these apps on US market, but not on my default regional setting.

Is this a common region limitation? For example, do you guys all have "Nokia Maps" in the market now?

Thanks.

emptyy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The system language has to be match your region, otherwise there would be problems about Nokia exclusive. When I setup my 920 first time, I set Chinese as my system language and United States region, and there were no Nokia Collections under the Marketplace. Then I tired to reset my phone and set English as system language and United States, Nokia Collections finally appeared under the Marketplace. Nokia claims that Microsoft will fix this problem at the end of November, but still not update yet. :(

emptyy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The system language has to be match your region, otherwise there would be problems about Nokia exclusive. When I setup my 920 first time, I set Chinese as my system language and United States region, and there were no Nokia Collections under the Marketplace. Then I tired to reset my phone and set English as system language and United States, Nokia Collections finally appeared under the Marketplace. Nokia claims that Microsoft will fix this problem at the end of November, but still not update yet. :(
Source: Troubleshooting - Why am I unable to see Nokia Collection app or the content is missing on my Windows Phone 8? - Nokia - USA

rai63

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Dear Ekin,
If you live in Turkey and experiencing that problem maybe you should check some other reasons because I can use Nokia Maps in tr...

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Selam :)

Yep, I'm from TR but it seems that emptyy nailed it precisely. I use my phone with English interface language and Turkish region (since I need a valid credit card for selected region, I'd use UK or US if it was not the case). With these settings, I have no access to Nokia branded applications. If I choose Turkish UI + Turkey or English UI + United States, it just works fine. That means it's simply related to matching these settings.

Hope it gets fixed ASAP, I can not find my way through localised interfaces.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just talked to a Microsoft rep, and he says they are not deploying any fixes regarding to this. Great work there.

so you spoke to rep from Microsoft on a Sunday that made a point to say that they are not fixing a problem? Just make sure that it is someone who knows what the **** is going on, likely not someone from Microsoft since I am going to assume this has to do with Nokia?

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
so you spoke to rep from Microsoft on a Sunday that made a point to say that they are not fixing a problem? Just make sure that it is someone who knows what the **** is going on, likely not someone from Microsoft since I am going to assume this has to do with Nokia?

Well, I used the "Online Chat" option here: https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/wp8.aspx So, it's as Microsoft as I can reach :)

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, was just thinking that this is something Nokia has to fix in how it authenticates who gets access to their apps. Maybe I should go chat with some rep and ask how I can get the Jets a new quarterback!

I'd think the same but this is what Nokia says:
The Nokia Collection content in Windows Phone 8 is set according to Settings for Language + Country/Region. To see the content of Nokia Collection, the phone Language need to be the same than Country/Region. The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at end of November 2012.

So, they are throwing the ball to Microsoft.

emptyy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely Microsoft's problem, Nokia offers the Nokia Collections and Microsoft decides to push it or not. I think this will fix in the first update, or at least on the Apollo+ that will release on the first season of 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte