Kid's corner question

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way I can set kids corner so my child can just swipe to the left and go right into it without me needing to put my password in? My son, even though he is five, he's very responsible with "expensive" stuff so I trust him to just grab my 920 and play games but I hate that it requires a password. Can I set a different password for kids corner?

Thanks.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Unfortunately there isn't a way to disable the PIN for the Kids Corner while keeping it active on the main area. We touched on it a while back ago and hopefully this will be something Microsoft will address in the next update. There were some work around suggestions in the comments but none that I found to be really effective.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I just set up kids corner for the first time and when it asked me to add songs, apps, etc, it then asked me for a password and I just pressed the "skip" button and voila. no password.

At the lock screen, just swipe left, swipe up and never asks for a password.

edit. now that I re-read what the opp and the person above me wrote, I understand the issue. I dont have a password on my lock screen, so I didnt even think about that. my bad.

Last edited:

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After I set up Kid's corner, I went and disabled the lock screen password.
I can now access it without a password without any issue.

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think if they allowed a separate 4 pin password that I can set up for my son's kids corner, then that would be a great move, imo. Kinda like a "sub account" i guess.

Chandra Sekhar1

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Why can't it be NO Pin for kids corner and Pin for regular phone.

Or

Have just one PIN entry screen, when one PIN is entered, it shows the regular phone if another PIN is entered, it shows the kids corner.

The reason we set a PIN is to safeguard the phone so that no one else reads the emails, messages or phone history. If I need to give that pin away in order to enable Kids Corner, I might as well not protect it. This is ridiculous.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. If I swipe left, I get the kids corner. Swipe up, no password, kids corner opens. If I attempt to go back to the phone area, I get my password screen. Isn't that how it should act?

Maybe it's because I have my pw to come up after 30 minutes, not every time?

Chandra Sekhar1

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. If I swipe left, I get the kids corner. Swipe up, no password, kids corner opens. If I attempt to go back to the phone area, I get my password screen. Isn't that how it should act?

Maybe it's because I have my pw to come up after 30 minutes, not every time?

Try setting a password for the device. Then click the power button for the screen to go blank. Now hand over the phone to your kid and watch what happens. Please update if your kid is able to get to the games without you giving him your password.

balram varma

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
hi BrownxGobln,

i am using Lumia 820. to access Kid's corner we need not enter the password just by swiping to left you can access your kids corner. On My WP i am not providing any password to go to Kid's Corner.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs