Wireless charging plate does not stop charging after battery full

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As the title indicates, even when the battery is 100% the white LED would stay lit and the back side of the phone would be warm. This is such an inconvenient as I have to remember to take the phone off the plate when it's full because I don't want damage from overcharging. In fact I notice that my battery life has been shorter lately... :eck:

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
How long have you left it on the charger once it was full? I notice that the light on mine will turn off after a while and I am assuming once it's turned off then it means the battery is actually full and in trickle charge mode.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i leave it for an hour after 100% and the light still lit phone still warm so i took it off in fear of overcharging
there is nothing running in the background data is off

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
yeah, mine is doing the same thing, it cant be that harmful id imagine but im going to leave it on wired charge for the night and set it on the wireless tomorrow and see what it reads. After a full night of wired charging the light should stay off or start doing a long blink thing.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The manual says the light should turn off when the phone is charged, which it did the 1st couple of times I used it but now the light just stays on.

rainmanin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an off-topic question:
Does the wireless recharging is dangerous ? Let me explain if i use this wireless recharging near where i sleep can electromagnetic waves make headache to me?

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
These waves are way too weak to have any affect on you.

You'd probably be safe sleeping on the plate. haha

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i left my phone on wired charge all night and just put it on the wireless charger and the lights still on. Its probably software in the phone not communicating right

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So far mine is working fine. I haven't really noticed if the light is on or off after it's been at 100% for a while, but once it is fully charged the back is cool when I pick it up. (Unless it JUST finished reaching 100%).

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As the title indicates, even when the battery is 100% the white LED would stay lit and the back side of the phone would be warm. This is such an inconvenient as I have to remember to take the phone off the plate when it's full because I don't want damage from overcharging. In fact I notice that my battery life has been shorter lately... :eck:

You will not see a decrease in battery capacity this quickly, just by leaving it on the charger too long.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine wasn't working and was getting very warm. Soft reset and it's now working fine. Something must be screwy with the phone notifying the pad that its done charging. I did the soft reset when the phone was at 100% I'll keep any eye on and see if that solves the issue.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What was the soft reset again?
You talking about just the power button of the Volumn rocker + power or whatever the other one is?

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Soft reset is power plus volume rocker down...just continue to hold both for ~10-15 seconds until you feel a vibrate then release. So far I haven't had issues with the phone over charging on either the stand or standard charging plate after the reset. I'm sure this is a software issues with the phone not a hardware issue with the plates. Hopefully Nokia is either aware of this or watching the forum closely :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon