Right audio channel stopped working (earphones)

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
So randomly today the right channel on my earphones stopped working. I took my earphones out, and played my music on the speakers and they were fine, but as soon as the earphones were plugged back in the right channel stopped working. I thought it might be my earphones, tried it with my laptop and they work just fine.

Took it to Nokia Care Center, they did a hard reset and it was working again.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering what caused it, and I have a feeling doing a simple restart would have solved it.

Also, the noise crackling/distortion has gone from my phone since the hard reset, so I believe it's a software issue. I tried playing music on my speakers and they never crackled/distorted.

sk7575

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am seeing this exact same issue. Only over headphones, and it seems only certain ones trigger it. Example -- I have a Hummer H3 and a Mini Cooper. When I plug the phone into the aux input in my mini, it seems like this output issue will randomly happen. once it happens in that car, if I plug it into the other car or a pair of headphones the problem is still there until I reset. It doesn't seem to get triggered with my normal headphones on their own. Its really annoying me.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am seeing this exact same issue. Only over headphones, and it seems only certain ones trigger it. Example -- I have a Hummer H3 and a Mini Cooper. When I plug the phone into the aux input in my mini, it seems like this output issue will randomly happen. once it happens in that car, if I plug it into the other car or a pair of headphones the problem is still there until I reset. It doesn't seem to get triggered with my normal headphones on their own. Its really annoying me.

now that You said it I think was the headset that came with the phone that triggered it both times.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
When you guys said you reseted it, is that a hard reset (about -> restore phone to factory settings) or did you just restart your phone? If this happens again and I have to hard reset again, it's going to be annoying. I shouldn't have to hard reset.

dploypos

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this often. It's happened to me on both the right and left channel. HOWEVER, I notice it happens less often if I stop the audio program BEFORE unplugging the headphones...can someone test?

chadwick611

May 24, 2011
Visit site
i thought I just had a bad pair of headphones! tried another pair and guess what still not working. so put me on that list. I hate doing hard resets to my phone.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This happens only on the right speaker and happens just about everyday. I've noticed it happens more I put the phone on silent and then when a notification come through with the headphones plugged in there's a weird static that happens when the notification sound is supposed to be made and then poof no more audio from the right channel. This is a major bug!!!!!! Just like with any windows problem just turn it off and turn it back on

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same issue on my Lumia 925. The first time it happened, the right headphone went out. Then the next day it started working again. Then a week later the left earphone went out! I'm not sure how it fixed itself the first time, but I tried a soft reset and it didn't solve the issue. Do I REALLY need to hard reset the phone? I really don't want to have to reconfigure my phone again and install all these apps!

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here just happened to me I thought the amber update was to blame. but just turning it off and on again resolved it for me thank you. was going to get the phone replaced.

TheShez

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me, thought my earphones were faulty, took it back to the supplier, they told me they'd have to send it to Nokia, so I asked 'have you tried rebooting it?'...We tried it and it fixed the problem. I now however have a bigger audio issue, my earpiece isn't working, plus loads of other sound issues. Would like to try a reset but last time I did that my phone bricked.

Okami360

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
This JUST started happening on my 920 a week ago, not sure what is causing it. Its definitely frustrating as since then its been pretty much happening everyday and having to reset my phone once or twice a day is ridiculous. Anyone know if there has been any updates on a fix or possibly located the cause of the issue [possibly a specific app?]?

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine happens now and again. Just a simple restart seams to fix the issue. if you getting it often give nokia a call and see what they say!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999