How to Save Contact Information to SIM Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have been trying to play around with my new Lumia 920.
When I add a new contact, It gives me the option to either save it to my Google Account or Outlook account (Which I had set up)
I Swamp/change phones a lot....and hence wanted to save the contact information to my sim card so that I can Import the contacts from the SIM.

I see an option to Import the contacts from SIM card but do not see an option to export contacts to SIM or save contacts to SIM.

Is this a Bug or a feature not supported/Implemented by Nokia?
Or this feature is present and I do not know about it?

Did anyone face a similar situation and can confirm?

Thanks.

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I too would like to know if this is a bug. I tried saving new contacts on the phone but I cant seem to find any options to save them in the SIM card.

medway01

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
This is based on the W1 but may work with other phones.

The setting to export to sim was missing on my W1, I had thought it was a design problem but I found out the following by pure accident while moving my contacts from gmail to my live account.

Import or create your contacts into your live / hotmail account.
Edit them if need be and save them as csv file from inside live / hotmail. ( this is not required, its just handy to have a backup )
On the wp8 set the contacts to filter from hotmail.
Wait a few minutes.
Any new contacts will show up under phone or people
There should now be the option to export to sim :)

Dont ask me how this works, I stumbled on it by chance :)

Last edited:

DevCas1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This is based on the W1 but may work with other phones.

The setting to export to sim was missing on my W1, I had thought it was a design problem but I found out the following by pure accident while moving my contacts from gmail to my live account.

Import or create your contacts into your live / hotmail account.
Edit them if need be and save them as csv file from inside live / hotmail. ( this is not required, its just handy to have a backup )
On the wp8 set the contacts to filter from hotmail.
Wait a few minutes.
Any new contacts will show up under phone or people
There should now be the option to export to sim :)

Dont ask me how this works, I stumbled on it by chance :)

can you please make some sort of video tutorial?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think logging into the phone with your outlook or Gmail will input your contacts as easily as a sim card, and is more reliable, if you'd lose your phone or something for instance.

Arwen_Undomiel

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
You can NOT even to save your new phone numbers on your SIM card! I usually save my contacts only on the SIM card. Your phone contacts are on the outlook even if you did not give permission to import them. The idea is very simple, your private information should be public information for Microsoft. If anyone enters your outlook mail it can find everything there.
The only option is you connect to Facebook or other social networks to make your private information more public.
You cannot even back up your phone on your SD card, you PC or your phone internal memory. This is windows phone. You bought it you have to share your private information, not decent way around. The only option is to do it manually copying on new phone the contacts from outlook...

Naerwen

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
This is frustrating, and typically Microsoft.

They want to be in control of your contacts and information, just like Google and Gmail.

Can't wait for the new Linux series of mobile phones - no more privacy invasions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes