Pulled this from Nokia, here's some tips that should improve battery life. As simple as they may sound...
    Find the balance between getting the most out of your phone while getting the battery life you need. There are steps you can take to save power on your phone.

• Always charge the battery fully.
    • Mute unnecessary sounds, such as key press sounds.
    • Use wired headphones, rather than the speakerphone.
    • The camera viewfinder can be a power drain, so after you've finished taking photos, press .

Set the phone screen to switch off after a short time On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > lock screen > Screen times out after .
    Lower the screen brightness On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings >brightness . Switch Automatically adjust to Off , and select the level you want.
    Use network connections selectively:
    • Set your phone to check for new mail less frequently, or even by request only. In every mailbox you have, tap> settings > sync settings , and change the setting for Download new content .
    • Switch Bluetooth on only when needed.
    • Use NFC on only when needed. To switch the tap+sendfeature off, on the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > tap+send and switch NFC sharing to Off .
    • Use a Wi-Fi connection to connect to the internet, rather than a mobile data connection.
    • Stop your phone scanning for available wireless networks.On the start screen, swipe left, tap Settings > Wi-Fi , and switch Wi-Fi networking to Off .
    • Stop your phone connecting to games. On the start screen, swipe left, tap Settings , swipe to applications , tapgames , and turn all relevant settings off.
    • If you're listening to music or otherwise using your phone, but don't want to make or receive calls, switch airplane mode on.
    Last edited by baileystein; 12-03-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo
    12-03-2012 10:22 AM
    Step 4: Don't use your phone.
    12-03-2012 10:32 AM
    Step 4: Don't use your phone.
    Pretty much...but it is true that you should tap the back button after going into the camera.

And since the camera is really important on this phone, Nokia listed it.
    12-03-2012 10:35 AM
    I leave my phone alone for the most part. If I want to conserve battery I just put it on battery saver and it lasts forever....
    12-03-2012 11:57 AM